Page 92 of 155 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast

Thread: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Re: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
    I haven’t felt ‘well’ since January when this first started
    Chloe, it's the same narrative all the time..

I haven't felt well since 2008 but I haven't died yet (although sometimes I'm not entirely sure) and it's a case of doing what I can to help myself. You have to learn how to do this too..

Have an awkward from me. It is crap looking after kids when you don't feel well. I've just had a Tesco experience with my grumpy teen. My back is hurting, there's a threat of a migraine, and me laddo was seriously getting on my tits with his whinging about pushing the trolley for me. Dude's six feet tall! Thing is, it was his choice to go shopping, not mine. I'd have done it online but he likes Costa and he wanted to buy some stuff so muggins caved. I've also had two young boys to look after when I've been struggling with severe anxiety in the past so I understand how you feel. But you need to help yourself as much as you can. Try and change the narrative a bit. Try to re-frame. Try to think of one thing that's good about your day - even if it's a nice brew or one of those hilarious pictures that little kids draw - where arms come out of heads. So cute!

Again, you are handling this better than you give yourself credit for. You're still here, looking after your kids. You're still being a mum..

I’m under immense amounts of stress in general life at the moment I’m not sure if this could contribute
    Yes, it definitely can. In fact, it can be the sole cause of feeling like absolute shit.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Chloe, it's the same narrative all the time..

I haven't felt well since 2008 but I haven't died yet (although sometimes I'm not entirely sure) and it's a case of doing what I can to help myself. You have to learn how to do this too..

Have an awkward from me. It is crap looking after kids when you don't feel well. I've just had a Tesco experience with my grumpy teen. My back is hurting, there's a threat of a migraine, and me laddo was seriously getting on my tits with his whinging about pushing the trolley for me. Dude's six feet tall! Thing is, it was his choice to go shopping, not mine. I'd have done it online but he likes Costa and he wanted to buy some stuff so muggins caved. I've also had two young boys to look after when I've been struggling with severe anxiety in the past so I understand how you feel. But you need to help yourself as much as you can. Try and change the narrative a bit. Try to re-frame. Try to think of one thing that's good about your day - even if it's a nice brew or one of those hilarious pictures that little kids draw - where arms come out of heads. So cute!

Again, you are handling this better than you give yourself credit for. You're still here, looking after your kids. You're still being a mum..
    Thanks Nora, it’s awful when you’re out and the kids aren’t cooperating. I’ve been really trying too, I took the kids to a show today, they have had a bug this week so it’s been sickness and diarrhoea which hasn’t been fun, but today was the first day they have all been well enough to do something. I felt physically okay until I went up to 60mg on my Duloxetine (cymbalta) I then started feeling awful and thought it may be the drug so I went back down to 30mg. The last couple of days I missed a tablet because I thought well if I’m going to start something new I may as well come off them. I had awful nightmares the second night of being off them so I have taken one yesterday and today. I still feel rubbish. I thought today maybe I had caught my kids bug because I felt so sick and my tummy was hurting but it hasn’t come to anything. I just feel rubbish, I am really worried that I have something physical going on that’s life threatening. I just don’t feel well but it’s since increasing these drugs and then halving the dose. I keep thinking I have liver problems or cancer somewhere causing me to feel like this. I feel like I can’t rest until I get a blood test to see if anything is going on but I’m scared.
    I don’t want one, I don’t want to deal with the anxiety of waiting and then the sheer panic if something is amiss.
    I’m hoping it’s because I have gone onto a nee drug and my body is withdrawing from a higher dose and because I’ve missed two it’s making me feel bad.

Quote Originally Posted by WorryRaptor View Post
    Yes, it definitely can. In fact, it can be the sole cause of feeling like absolute shit.
    I feel so rough. I never feel ‘unwell’ so I’m worried something bad is going to happen to me.

It’s just been two weeks of feeling like poo. I felt okay this morning. It comes in big waves. I’m just so worried something bad is happening inside my body. My tummy is not happy tonight at all, maybe it is the bug my kids had. The sick feeling seems to have passed a bit. Just going out today felt like a mission, I’m so tired as well.

I’m hoping it’s because I have gone onto a nee drug and my body is withdrawing from a higher dose and because I’ve missed two it’s making me feel bad.
    Chlobo, please don't skip around with your medication. If you think 60 mg is too high, talk to your doctor to see if there is any benefit in slowly ramping up the dosage. These medications usually come with a set of initial side effects, and you can jump into the deep end or you can try to slowly ramp up, where you'll have more minor side effects but potentially for longer. However, if you are stopping and starting and increasing and decreasing willy-nilly, you're just going to mess with your system and make yourself feel even more ill. If you are going to take medication for your anxiety, you need to commit to the anxiety medication for a period of time before assessing if it's right, if the dosage is correct, etc.

Hang in there.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

That's exactly what it is on top of your already high anxiety. You don't just change doses or decide to stop taking a psychotropic willy nilly. You're self-sabotaging yourself by doing so. You need to consult with your doctor concerning dosage changes and such.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I’ve been really trying too, I took the kids to a show today, they have had a bug this week so it’s been sickness and diarrhoea which hasn’t been fun, but today was the first day they have all been well enough to do something.
    Good work on the show.

Yes, sickness and dior...dia...oh sod it.. the shits is doing the rounds. (I'm still having flashbacks to three weeks ago)

I felt physically okay until I went up to 60mg on my Duloxetine (cymbalta) I then started feeling awful and thought it may be the drug so I went back down to 30mg.
    That's quite a jump, I'm not surprised you felt awful!

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Good work on the show.

Yes, sickness and dior...dia...oh sod it.. the shits is doing the rounds. (I'm still having flashbacks to three weeks ago)

That's quite a jump, I'm not surprised you felt awful!

The problem is I still feel awful 😞
    I’m highly anxious but physically I feel gross and just not well. I’m hoping it is the meds

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    That's exactly what it is on top of your already high anxiety. You don't just change doses or decide to stop taking a psychotropic willy nilly. You're self-sabotaging yourself by doing so. You need to consult with your doctor concerning dosage changes and such.

FMP

I asked the psychiatrist and he told me to stay on 60mg as I had been on them for two weeks already. But I was falling asleep everywhere and I couldn’t look after the kids because of how crap I felt so I went down to 30mg to see if it would stabilise me a bit. I still feel shit though and it’s been about a week. But missing two probably hasn’t helped. The problem with meds for me is if they have side effects I panic bevayse I think something is physically wrong so I was trying to help myself out of a panic. It’s been one week since stopping 60 but I still feel gross

Page 92 of 155 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast

Thread Information