Thread: Panic Attack

Panic Attack

Hi everyone

I am at my wits end. I woke up on Tuesday morning with what I think was a panic attack, the worst symptom being dizziness. I then felt on edge all day and was very fearful of feeling dizzy again, I felt like I had to move very slowly all day in case a sudden movement would make me dizzy again. I went to bed that night and when I laid down the room was spinning which freaked me out. Anyway I went to sleep then the next day I wasn't dizzy exactly but my head felt kind of heavy and like I could fall at any moment even though I didn't , I'm still feeling on edge now. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks 😊

Re: Panic Attack

I get that way when I have a vertigo attack. It’s totally unrelated to anxiety, just an issue with little calcium deposits in the ear canal that break loose and give this intense dizziness. Then after that, I’m always anticipating the next bout of it - so that’s what triggers the anxiety. And feeling off the next day is totally normal after a high anxiety day. All that adrenaline is still trying to find it’s way out and it can just leave you exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake44 View Post
    Hi everyone

I am at my wits end. I woke up on Tuesday morning with what I think was a panic attack, the worst symptom being dizziness. I then felt on edge all day and was very fearful of feeling dizzy again, I felt like I had to move very slowly all day in case a sudden movement would make me dizzy again. I went to bed that night and when I laid down the room was spinning which freaked me out. Anyway I went to sleep then the next day I wasn't dizzy exactly but my head felt kind of heavy and like I could fall at any moment even though I didn't , I'm still feeling on edge now. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks 
    I think this is quite common with anxiety Cupcake. Our body receives a big hit of adrenaline when we panic as glassgirl says, its normal to experience dizziness during or afterwards. Allow yourself some time to relax, listening to soothing videos on YouTube is helpful I find. The ones with the sound of rainfall are particularly good.

I get these vertigo attacks which are linked to loose calcium deposits in the ear as glassgirl says. Mine usually last for up to 18 hours and are really scary but then the vertigo gradually calms down and I can move around again. It does really knock your confidence and leave you feeling drained..almost like a vestibular migraine but I don't get any visual disturbances.

It's normal to feel like this afterwards but I hope you feel better very soon.

Thread Information