Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Convinced I have bowel cancer

Convinced I have bowel cancer

I have been having problems for months looser stools discomfort in my lower abdomen left side lower back pain left side going into my bum and leg also had Diarrhea a few times I am waiting for a colonoscopy but don't know how long that will be I had a upper gi endoscopy 2 weeks ago and they said I had gastritis and took some samples not had the results back yet . Feeling so fed up and worried that it could be bowel cancer I know people can not diagnose me on here but just feel like I need to post

Re: Convinced I have bowel cancer

Hi

Please don’t panic, Im in a similar situation at the moment, waiting for a flexible sigmoidoscopy because I’ve had rectal bleeding. Your symptoms sound like they could be due to any number of issues. Most people won’t have bowel cancer with those symptoms.

Please try not to worry, easy said than done I know!

Hi Deb350 thanks for your reply

So I promised myself that I would stop posting in the forum but I feel that iam at rock bottom still not feeling any better waiting for a colonoscopy I have been contacted twice in the last couple of months by the hospital to book me in then when they went through the booking in process they said o sorry we don't have any appointments both times we will contact you again in February . Feeling so fed up I don't know if I should now go private it will cost me just over £2000 which I can not afford really but don't know what to do I keep thinking if it is cancer then my family would need the money more . I feel bad that iam posting again as I said I wouldn't post again

Hang in there, I try to refrain from posting here also, but it's difficult when panicing. I had a colonoscopy 4 years ago and worked myself into a right state, it came back all clear

What red flag symptoms do you think you have, lees?

Hi thanks for your replies I have had looser stools for a few months and diarrhea bloated low down abdominal pain left side going into my back and hip and bum also pain in back under rib cage not really bad pain but still pain and discomfort in my testicles i don't know if they class these as red flag symptoms though . I sure I have had most of these symptoms before i have looked through my posts the lower back pain and slight abdominal discomfort but not had the loose stools really before iam normally more constipated just feel like this has been going on a while now and not getting any better .

Hi Lee

My symptoms were very similar expescially the loose stools I had that for months aswell as the left sided abdo pain, I lost a stone in 2 weeks prior to the procedure as I really got so worked up my anxiety was the worst it’s ever been.

Left sided abdo pain is classic ibs symptom if you are feeling exceptionally anxious it will exasperate it seriously… that’s what my problem was in the end so if I get really bad pain now I can rationalise.

Please also be aware that if the doctor had any concerns of bowel cancer you would be fast tracked and not waiting until February.

Hope this helps

Did doc take bloods, if these were clear this should be reassuring and should rule out a lot of things

Hi thanks for your replies yes had blood done all came back fine just hope that I can get the colonoscopy done before they start cancelling them because of omicron

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information