Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Convinced I have bowel cancer

Re: Convinced I have bowel cancer

It's a worrying wait I know how you feel 😟 but the bloods is good news.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepless65 View Post
    It's a worrying wait I know how you feel  but the bloods is good news.
    Thanks sleepless65

well still not feeling any better had quite a few bouts of diarrhea over the last week also abdominal discomfort and still got the lower backache left side can not stop worrying about it. I'm thinking about going to A&E and see if they can get my colonoscopy done any sooner I feel so stupid keep posting when I said I wouldn't but not in a.good place

It might be better to ring the gastroenterology department at your hospital and see if you can go on a cancellation list if there is one? Failing that you could say how worried you are and ask for the consultant to reassess the February appointment?

Hi thanks for your reply pulisa i will try and get in touch with them I was going to ring them this week anyway and chase up the appointment

Hi just an update went to A&E this morning and they did some more blood tests which came back OK . He also felt my abdomen and did a back passage exam the doctor said all seems ok but he is sending me for a abdominal ct scan on Wednesday and has arranged a colonoscopy but not sure when so think it will be in the next couple of weeks . The doctor did say that he has looked at my records and I last had a colonoscopy in 2007 and there was a polyp found but I was never told this and don't think it was removed at the time so not sure just have to.wait and see now .

So do you feel that the trip to A&E helped with your anxiety? Can A&E doctors actually book colonoscopies or does it have to be arranged by gastroenterology at your hospital?

Hi yes probably didn't help with my anxiety but at least I know it is being taken seriously now they have booked my CT scan for Wednesday and the doctor that seen me in A&E said he will sort it out getting my colonoscopy he was shocked when I told him I had been contacted twice by the booking in team to be told there isn't any appointments . So think he maybe is fast tracking me so hopefully will get it done in the next Couple of weeks rather than waiting another month or so think he was actually part of the gastroenterology team as he said he would be there on Wednesday when I have my CT scan

It's important to make sure that you get an actual date for the colonoscopy rather than being told you will be contacted. If you are being fasttracked by the A&E doctor then maybe your GP could ring the booking in team to get a date if you don't hear anything in the next few days? Did the A&E doctor tell you that you needed the scope within the next 14 days? I expect it depends on tomorrow's CT scan result?

Hi no he didn't say I needed the scope within 14 days he just said he will sort it . I will just have to see tomorrow I will ask them and see what they say

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information