Thread: Lots Of Mucus

Lots Of Mucus

In mid-October, the day after after a *very* stressful event, I had some mild groin pain, and sharp pain in the belly button area. I "blew it out" and thought it was over. For the next month, I had yellowish, greasy stools every day. And a LOT of gas. Before that, I had always been brown and tight, going every other day. Hardly ever gassy. CT scan was normal (except for small liquid cyst in liver). Blood tests normal. GI put me on probiotic. Didn't work after 3 weeks. Suspected Giardiasis (no formal test), so he gave me a single 2g dose of Tinidazole. Within a couple days, everything was back to normal. Thought we had fixed it. Ate like normal at Thanksgiving and had beautiful brown poops. Very happy. Until last Monday when I noticed a little bit of groin and belly pain. Then I had a bowel movement with just a bit of mucus in the toilet. Then the next day, I had a full-on relapse movement (yellowish and not best form). Plus had gas again. GI had me submit a stool sample last Wednesday (came back clear), and scheduled a colonoscopy for tomorrow. Did not poop yesterday. Things started to get better again. Just a little bit of mucus on brown stool. No blood. Then this morning had a brown poop with a LOT of mucus. Terrified of getting a cancer diagnosis tomorrow. Someone, please help stop my panic!
    Last edited by Jeffroyourhero; 16-12-21 at 23:03.

Re: Lots Of Mucus

Its going to be ok. CT scan can see a lot of stuff and would have probably caught something so I bet the colonoscopy will be A OK. Remember, the worst part of the colonoscopy is the prep, then it is good to go.

But I get you you are going to be nervous, I have one next month and I am nervous for it too, its normal. Lets do this and then we know we have nothing to worry about.

Gluck tomorrow

Re: Lots Of Mucus

Colonoscopy done. All clear! Just a couple internal hemorrhoids that the doc said could easily be causing the mucus along with IBS. Thank God!
    Last edited by Jeffroyourhero; 17-12-21 at 21:17.

Thread Information