Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Ukraine. Fear or war. Please help

Re: Ukraine. Fear or war. Please help

Quote Originally Posted by TaleOn11 View Post
    I was never worried about catching COVID to begin with. If anything, being stuck in the house led to me being anxious about other things but not COVID itself (though thankfully my recovery process has finally started ever since I started volunteer work this week!)

Thanks Lencoboy. Its just the more people talk about it, the more it becomes part of my anxious list.
    You're very welcome my friend.

It states that the shellings of places like the kindergarten, etc were actually perpetrated by Russian 'separatists' and NOT the Russian forces, and that there's a lot of false info and conspiracy theories circulating online right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    My dad reckons a lot of it is the Russian forces simply 'willy-waving', basically showing off what ammo they've got and possibly trying to look 'ard.

He still doesn't believe any WW2-style attacks on mainland Britain are likely (at least not as things currently stand).

So far, regarding the UK's stance on this situation, Boris has so far stated that any sanctions by the UK shall be economic, such as denying Russian business opportunities in this country (I think, but not quite certain), and also cracking down on Russian money-laundering gangs currently known to be operating in London.

All as if the last 2 years haven't already been tumultuous enough worldwide owing to the Covid pandemic alone, and now all this as well!
    It's already mentioned we are in the willy waving phase. Russian is gauging how much commitment the west has to Ukraine.
    Russia believes the Ukraine should align more with them.

I don't know what you mean by 'WW2 style of attack' on the UK? If the West was to react militarily it would be US lead, their long range capability is currently based in the UK. Russia would view the UK as an aggressor.

So Russia is a concern what about Canada freezing peoples banks ect be worrying in Canada too? Amazing how much power some leaders have.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    So Russia is a concern what about Canada freezing peoples banks ect be worrying in Canada too? Amazing how much power some leaders have.
    I don't live in Canada, and I can't do anything about powers granted to the Canadian government back 1988. Just like I can't do anything about the lack of free healthcare in the US, or any freedom of dissent in China.
    Likewise what the Russians do I will have no say in, and I will very little influence in how the UK and the West respond.
    If you spend all your life worrying about things you have no way of changing then you will be stuck in a never ending spiral.
    Concentrate on what you can change.

Things you can change like your daily routine and a different focus away from constant news feed which only serves to trigger anxiety as no one can control world events to suit their needs (apart from Boris)

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I suggest we keep referring back to this:

debunkingdoomsday.quora.com
    Thank you for the link. Helps me with my anxiety .

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Why is that situation in Canada about bank freezing suddenly such a big deal?

And what relevance does it have to the Ukraine-Russia thing right now, or the UK for that matter?

I feel very anxious about the Ukraine situation after today’s news. I know it doesn’t make any sense to worry, but I don’t know how to stop.
    Can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    I feel very anxious about the Ukraine situation after today’s news. I know it doesn’t make any sense to worry, but I don’t know how to stop.
    Can anyone help?
    Me too. However, I try to watch less news and it helps me.

[QUOTE=Sunshine93;2036920]Me too. However, I try to watch less news and it helps me.[/QUOTE

I do avoid the news on TV and radio but it’s the doom scrolling on various social media sites I don’t seem to be able to control .

Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread Information