Thread: Kinda freaking out right now

Kinda freaking out right now

Hi everyone. It's been years since I last posted here. I was a complete hypochondriac at that time and now I'm starting to become one again. Lately I've been noticing blood either in my stool or on the toilet paper when I wipe. It's been happening since either early this year or late last year. When I had a bowel movement, there would be some blood on the stool. It would happen for a few days and then stop so I didn't really think too much about it. Some months later it would start again and then stop for some time. Just last Monday, I had a BM and while there was no blood on the stool, there was some on the TP. That following Wednesday and Friday, I had a BM and blood was on the stool, but none on the TP. This past Monday I had a BM and there was no blood at all. Then Friday morning I had one, but like last Monday, blood on the TP, but none in the stool. And just this morning I had another one(though it wasn't a big one) and there was a little blood on one of the stools.

I'm not sure if this is either hemorrhoids or an anal fissure and the reason for the blood from today's BM is because the one from yesterday morning hasn't healed yet(that's if this is indeed a fissure). That was one a bit painful and did hurt briefly. Same with last Monday's BM. But after some googling(bad idea I know), I'm very worried this could be you know what. I won't be able to see a gastroenterologist until after the holiday. I don't have any other symptoms associated with it.(IE abdominal pain, narrow stools, fatigue, weight loss, black stool etc). And I don't think I have anemia as I've had blood tests over the last few times I've been to the doctor this year and last year. I don't have any family history of colon cancer and I'm 37. But I learned some time ago that it's not just an "old man's disease". As I keep reading about how nowadays more and more younger adults(even those in their early 20s). This along with actor Chadwick Boseman passing away from colon cancer has me checking my stool pretty much every time I have a BM now.

The stools have been rather hard lately, so I'm not sure if that's due to constipation. I've been drinking more water now and taking stool softeners to see if that'll soften the stools.

Re: Kinda freaking out right now

It sounds to me like piles. Drink plenty of water and adjust your diet to make you more regular and it should settle down.

Also try and stop checking and use the methods you have previously used to help with your HA.

piles most likely but you can get a doc to check

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Install a bidet and your worries will be gone ))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An update. I had a colonoscopy today and I'm thankful that all they found was two small polyps(which were removed) and some hemorrhoids which were likely the cause of the bleeding. I was worried because only a few weeks ago I had a BM and there was a LOT of blood. Both on the stool and toilet paper. Never before had it bled so much. This scared the shit outta me(no pun intended).

Thanks for the update, I’m glad nothing sinister was found. I have my colonoscopy next week and I’m so afraid of the results I don’t know if I can go through with it :(

If you don't do it Debs then you will never move on.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    An update. I had a colonoscopy today and I'm thankful that all they found was two small polyps(which were removed) and some hemorrhoids which were likely the cause of the bleeding. I was worried because only a few weeks ago I had a BM and there was a LOT of blood. Both on the stool and toilet paper. Never before had it bled so much. This scared the shit outta me(no pun intended).
    My husband's piles bleed a lot. Looks like a crime scene in our bathroom when his are playing up..

Best thing you can do is to make sure you keep your BM's soft and that you don't strain. I use a little bum-bath when mine are playing up. I also sit on my heat pad (aids healing) and I take magnesium (citrate) to soften things up.

My piles don't bleed but I had some bleeding last year. I got checked out because it was new for me and it turned out to be a fissure. I did the above and it healed within a month. Not had any problems since...

Thread Information