Thread: Breast pain and discharge - any positive stories?!

Breast pain and discharge - any positive stories?!

Noticed slight pain for the first time on 12/10. Off and on a bitt since then, never bad, and had almost calmed down (didn’ t feel any obvious lumps, etc.). But today felt “letdown” tingling (has happened a few times) and found discharge (can’t tell color). Now freaking out.

Has anyone had something similar and NOT had cancer? Have doctor appt scheduled for Monday, hopefully they can get me into imaging prompt (last mammogram was 12/2019, was already scheduled for one on 12/27/2021, but no way can I wait…)

ETA: I’m 45 and haven’t breastfed for about 9.5 years, so not related to that.
    Last edited by Jennlovebug; 18-12-21 at 23:34.

Re: Breast pain and discharge - any positive stories?!

Discomfort and discharge can be related to increased prolactin levels. This hormone goes up and down when you are perimenopausal.

It's good that you booked the early mammography. The sooner you check it, the sooner you'll be able to relax, and enjoy your Christmas. For any breast related issue I highly recommend a primrose oil supplement. Good luck at the doctors!

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply! It’s good to know I have others rooting for me, and to hear someone else say I’m not facing a certain death sentence (my youngest child is only 10 and I’m so scared to leave my kids.)

You will be fine. Just remember, when you hear hoofbeats, try to think horses not zebras. It helps me a lot although I also slip occasionally

I just had to come back and share for anyone looking for info on these symptoms in the future! I was able to get in very quickly to be seen at the Breast Center today. I had a diagnostic mammogram, plus an ultrasound and the radiologist reviewed everything while I was there. They said everything looks completely normal! I can’t believe it, I’m so relieved!

I’m pretty sure that, at 45, I’m perimenopausal so guessing my symptoms have something to do with that lovely transition.

Anyway, just wanted to offer up a positive story for anyone who can use it! So thankful for this page!

Very pleased to hear this wonderful news which must be the very best Christmas present for you! Enjoy the holiday season knowing you are absolutely fine!

Great news Jenn! Thank you for letting us know how it went, and for making this thread useful for other people who might face the same problem. It's people like you that make this forum such a helpful resource!

P.S. If you want to, try primrose oil. It really helps!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thread Information