Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Random/innocuous things that cause you great anxiety?

Re: Random/innocuous things that cause you great anxiety?

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Chocolate or plastic catkins?
    🤣🤣 definitely fine with chocolate ones and wood too predominantly plastic.

Dolls, clowns.
    The voice disguiser on the telephone featured in many films
    Eerie portrait paintings that seem to follow you with their eyes.
    Wearing masks. Seeing people wearing masks.
    Seeing an ambulance or a medic.
    Eggs (but I'm getting better)

What about you Lencoboy?
    As for me, the letter 'S' pointing directly towards me from either the left or right (but not within a word or sentence) has always given me the heebies, even though it's completely physically harmless.

I've always hated eggs, the taste, smell, and even the look of them, especially the fried and scrambled varieties.

As for your fear of people wearing masks, it's most ironically the norm in many situations for obvious reasons right now!

Dolls, clowns.
    The voice disguiser on the telephone featured in many films
    Eerie portrait paintings that seem to follow you with their eyes.
    Wearing masks. Seeing people wearing masks.
    Seeing an ambulance or a medic.
    Eggs (but I'm getting better)

What about you Lencoboy?
    Yes, ambulances are quite triggering aren’t they.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i.e. Trivial Bugbears?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    This thread is more specifically about unusual anxieties and fears, rather than mere annoyances.

Probably not unusual, but... parties. Going for a work meal tonight. Normally this would be mildly anxiety inducing. After years of living in long shirts and slacks, though, I've bought a dress, tights and actual makeup. People will comment, and I'm a bit afraid I'll look like a clown.

I worry about needing a pee when there are no handy toilets or toilets that may be out of order or such like... on a plane/bus trip for example... all harks back to a time I was flying down to Spain and had a few beers and 20 minutes out from landing felt I better nip to the toilet... so I gets up stands in the queue, 3 folk in front of me... all tremendously slow... as Im about to enter the tiny toilet the seatbelt light pings on and Im told to go and sit down... I literally had one foot in the door and... I said 'I would be 1 minute'... but got literally pushed back to my seat.... by now busting to go and had to hold it in until we landed... proper horrible feeling. LOL. Now I plan in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by SG1977 View Post
    I worry about needing a pee when there are no handy toilets or toilets that may be out of order or such like... on a plane/bus trip for example... all harks back to a time I was flying down to Spain and had a few beers and 20 minutes out from landing felt I better nip to the toilet... so I gets up stands in the queue, 3 folk in front of me... all tremendously slow... as Im about to enter the tiny toilet the seatbelt light pings on and Im told to go and sit down... I literally had one foot in the door and... I said 'I would be 1 minute'... but got literally pushed back to my seat.... by now busting to go and had to hold it in until we landed... proper horrible feeling. LOL. Now I plan in advance.
    I totally understand your concerns.

It does seem that toilet facilities happen to come way down on the priority lists of many managements, and they often have trouble comprehending that. Worst is, when they suddenly decide to close certain toilet facilities to the general public (especially when there's nothing actually wrong with said facilities) but still leave the signage up, which IMO amounts to false advertising, and indeed, laziness.

Usually to save a few quid over running and maintenance costs, even if the facilities haven't actually been 'misused' per se!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    This thread is more specifically about unusual anxieties and fears, rather than mere annoyances.
    Same difference.... but anyway....

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Lencoboy, regarding face masks, I'm referring to any covering of the face. Those cut outs of famous people, balaclavas, Masquerade masks. Musicals like Phantom of the Opera, Cats and so on. Don't like any of them. On me or on anyone else.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information