Thread: Chest pain that went away in a few minutes, still very worried?

Chest pain that went away in a few minutes, still very worried?

This morning when I got up I noticed while I was getting ready my chest started aching a bit and it was right over my heart, it felt like I had strained my ribs, it was coming and going slowly for about 5 minutes. No other symptoms.

I was trying to see if movement made it worse (because I know pain when moving indicates muscular pain, not cardiac pain, and it did feel like it was changing/lessening a bit when I stretched it out) then after about 5 mins it went away and hasn’t come back since which is good but I’m still freaked out.

I even started jogging hard on the spot for 5 minutes to see if it would make the pain come back but I didn’t feel any pain. No shortness of breath or sweating either. I’m really hoping it was just a bit of costochondritis from sleeping weirdly on my side but I’m still super worried about things like myocarditis due to all the covid and viral stuff going around (even though I’m not sick and haven’t been in the last month) I only had an ecg 2 days ago and it was normal but I cant calm down at all :(
    Last edited by peachy123; 21-12-21 at 22:19.

Re: Chest pain that went away in a few minutes, still very worried?

I only had an ecg 2 days ago and it was normal but I cant calm down at all :(
    Come on Peachy - you had an ecg 2 days ago nothing was wrong. You are hyperfixated on your heart and thinking anything 'unexplainable' (cos things happen to the body - sometimes odd pains and strains, lumps and bumps) must be heart related.
    it felt like I had strained my ribs
    it did feel like it was changing/lessening a bit when I stretched it out
    .....and thats exactly what it sounds like. Pulled muscles, odd trapped nerves near ribs - they happen.You had no other symptoms at all, a clear ecg and so why not just go with the obvious ? I know, I know, thats the nature of HA - but I think you need reminding here to stop creating imagined scenarios for something which to someone else would be nothing more than a 'temporary strained muscle'. I get trapped nerves now and again across all parts of my chest and torso and they last short periods of time, and can be very intense.

I just logged on to see how many others are getting this strange, sharp, left pectoral area 'twinge' ? I've had it noticeably for last few days but off & on for over 6 months. I'm pretty sure it's just a muscular/tendonitis thing but I'm at an age ( late 50s) by which my old pa had a triple bypass following some months of angina - so naturally, I think, ah now's it my turn.

I think we're having similar twinges and without the other symptons of sweats, jaw/shoulder pain and nausea ... I think we'll manage to sneak over the line into 2022 ... and beyond ! - Onwards & Upwards.

I think we're having similar twinges and without the other symptons of sweats, jaw/shoulder pain and nausea ... I think we'll manage to sneak over the line into 2022 ... and beyond ! - Onwards & Upwards.
    Great reply ! Love it. (DOn't forget the breathlessness)

Thread Information