Thread: Help to overcome vaccine anxiety

Help to overcome vaccine anxiety

Hi all I’m new to NMP but I’m so glad to have found you. Does anyone have any tips on how to get over anxiety over vaccines to get this second one done? It took me 7 months of stress, insomnia and anxiety to get the first one done. That was way back In July and here I am again. I have terrible health anxiety and just cannot get past the utter fear that the moment it’s injected in to me it’s too late. I had a couple of reactions to it last time. Itching and chest pain - although I was too scared to get it checked so no idea if it was related. I was stupid because now I’m even more scared than the first time. Has anyone overcome this? My relatives are getting very annoyed with me
    Thank you

Re: Help to overcome vaccine anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie01 View Post
    Hi all I’m new to NMP but I’m so glad to have found you. Does anyone have any tips on how to get over anxiety over vaccines to get this second one done? It took me 7 months of stress, insomnia and anxiety to get the first one done. That was way back In July and here I am again. I have terrible health anxiety and just cannot get past the utter fear that the moment it’s injected in to me it’s too late. I had a couple of reactions to it last time. Itching and chest pain - although I was too scared to get it checked so no idea if it was related. I was stupid because now I’m even more scared than the first time. Has anyone overcome this? My relatives are getting very annoyed with me
    Thank you
    You could of course just tell your relatives that you've had your second dose - after all, what business of theirs is it whether or not you've had a jab?

I did a bit of reading on the MHRA "Yellow Card" site and there have been reported cases of itching that generally passes after a few days; I can't see the absolute data as there's either an error in the website or in my browser.

How easy is it for you to access a GP if you needed to - can you do it online or would it be the "8 o'clock telephone scramble" that seems to be common now?

It's your choice, ultimately. I know a good few unvaccinated people and I don't hold it against them.

Re: Help to overcome vaccine anxiety

my 2nd one i only had itching and headache until the following day, im similar, re the booster but ive decided against the booster anyway now from what im hearing, but hell yeah get the 2nd one, 1st side affects were worse in my case xx

Thread Information