Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really warm skin and high pulse but no fever?

Really warm skin and high pulse but no fever?

I’m really struggling right now and could use some advice.

Close to two weeks ago after making dinner in the evening I noticed that my heart rate was high and my skin felt very warm. I took my temp-it was normal-and checked my Fitbit which showed a rate of 110. My normal bpm are 64 and up to 90 when moving around a fair bit. I figured it would subside, and it did, but only until bedtime then continued through out the night. Ever since I have been getting warm, with higher pulse, sometimes for a short time in the morning, other times in the evening for a few hours and occasionally overnight. I have no other symptoms and spend all my time at home (so no concern about catching covid). My temp is always normal despite feeling so warm. It also really bothered me last night that despite no longer feeling warm, my heart would not go back down (wouldn’t go below 72 while resting....).

Naturally, I will contact my doctor if this continues but was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. It’s making me more and more anxious and not been helpful for my heart rate on the regular.

Re: Really warm skin and high pulse but no fever?

How old are you can I ask?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Chantel!

So sorry you are struggling. Hopefully my speck of advice can help you.

What you are experiencing happens to me ALL OF THE TIME!! It actually happened to me just 2 hours ago. I was sitting at my desk, minding my own business, when I decided to make sure my new watch was grabbing my heart rate and sending it to my phone. You can imagine my surprise when my heart rate was 108! I was doing nothing. I immediately thought "OK, what are you anxious about?" I then retraced my thoughts and discovered that I had just had a thought about a current non-HA related concern in my life and boom heart rate up. For me this happens without me even realizing it. Anxiety is such a part of my life that I often miss the body signals now. Maybe you were worried about something initially that raised your hear rate and it has remained slightly elevated because you've become anxious about.

In regards to the warm body feeling, that happens to me often as well, also as a result of anxiety. I wouldn't be concerned at all since you have no other symptoms.

Best Wishes.

Not a doctor or a psychologist, just a guy who's been to a lot of them.

Nic - I think you are thinking the same as me that it rings bells for 'hormonal'. I have answered on Chantel's threads before and think she is in her 30s, but I'm sure she can answer herself about exact age Chantel am I right in looking back at your threads from the past that there has been evidence of hormone imbalance with heavy periods, spotting before and after periods and stuff like that ?

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    How old are you can I ask?
    I’m 38.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Nic - I think you are thinking the same as me that it rings bells for 'hormonal'. I have answered on Chantel's threads before and think she is in her 30s, but I'm sure she can answer herself about exact age Chantel am I right in looking back at your threads from the past that there has been evidence of hormone imbalance with heavy periods, spotting before and after periods and stuff like that ?
    Hi Carys 👋

Yes! After I had my daughter five years ago my periods got ridiculously heavy. Thankfully, they have been much more decent the last year or so? Also no more spotting 🤞I am 38.

Would something hormonal last this long? I figured when my period started that it would subside but it hasn’t (currently a few days in). It happened last month too but only for a few days. I’m sure my anxiety is making my pulse even worse but it definitely is higher than normal even when calm.

I was going to say hormonal as well

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by NotDeadYet View Post
    Hi Chantel!

So sorry you are struggling. Hopefully my speck of advice can help you.

What you are experiencing happens to me ALL OF THE TIME!! It actually happened to me just 2 hours ago. I was sitting at my desk, minding my own business, when I decided to make sure my new watch was grabbing my heart rate and sending it to my phone. You can imagine my surprise when my heart rate was 108! I was doing nothing. I immediately thought "OK, what are you anxious about?" I then retraced my thoughts and discovered that I had just had a thought about a current non-HA related concern in my life and boom heart rate up. For me this happens without me even realizing it. Anxiety is such a part of my life that I often miss the body signals now. Maybe you were worried about something initially that raised your hear rate and it has remained slightly elevated because you've become anxious about.

In regards to the warm body feeling, that happens to me often as well, also as a result of anxiety. I wouldn't be concerned at all since you have no other symptoms.

Best Wishes.
    Thank you for your kindness! Does your heart rate go back down eventually? I feel like because I’ve been so anxious today it refuses to go lower than the mid 70’s. Ugh. And thinking back, I was pretty anxious on and off yesterday. I had my booster appointment today and I’ve been quite nervous about going out with the ridiculous amount of Omicron hanging around. My Fitbit has been great for the last year but since this all started it’s become bad for my anxiety. I’m thinking maybe taking it off may be a good idea?

I figured when my period started that it would subside but it hasn’t (currently a few days in). It happened last month too but only for a few days.
    It reminds me of how I used to be when I first started perimenopause in my early 40s - a couple of days before my period of just feeling 'far too warm' that lasted into the start of my period as time went on. (can peri and hormonal changes cause a slightly elevated heart rate - yes it/they can). Your heart rate isn't actually that bad, some people would say its pretty good, and yes being even mildly anxious can make you feel warmer and make your heart rate a tad higher than normal, as you are describing. It could be that its PMT /hormonal change around your period causing your warm feeling, and it could be all be exacerbated by the PMT causing mild anxiety or just general mild anxiety. See if you can find a pattern, but it sounds to me that the last period was also a bit like this one ? Being aware of your heart rate was one of my 'pet obsessions' and I can guarantee that the moment you even start thinking about it it will become higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    It reminds me of how I used to be when I first started perimenopause in my early 40s - a couple of days before my period of just feeling 'far too warm' that lasted into the start of my period as time went on. (can peri and hormonal changes cause a slightly elevated heart rate - yes it/they can). Your heart rate isn't actually that bad, some people would say its pretty good, and yes being even mildly anxious can make you feel warmer and make your heart rate a tad higher than normal, as you are describing. It could be that its PMT /hormonal change around your period causing your warm feeling, and it could be all be exacerbated by the PMT causing mild anxiety or just general mild anxiety. See if you can find a pattern, but it sounds to me that the last period was also a bit like this one ? Being aware of your heart rate was one of my 'pet obsessions' and I can guarantee that the moment you even start thinking about it it will become higher.
    Thank you for taking the time to write. It is a plausible suggestion. I feel like the warmth and elevated heart rate are real but I also feel like my anxiety is all making it much worse, so yes, that seems correct. Do you think it’s possible that it would last so long though? Just shy of two weeks and every time I think it’s gone for good it will creep up in the evening.

When my heart rate was elevated last night I wondered how much calmer I would have been if I didn’t have my Fitbit to check? A blessing and a curse!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information