Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Really warm skin and high pulse but no fever?

Re: Really warm skin and high pulse but no fever?

Hi Chantel,

I too have this and I would echo what others are saying about hormones! i'm 48 and started worrying about this as I noticed periodically that I'd feel a spike in pulse and a warm sensation. The weird thing was it usually occurred when I was sitting and not doing anything strenuous. I also have noticed it happening when I wake in the morning.

I know I am well into perimenopuase as I've just got 10 months without a period, (apart from a very light one) and last year went nearly 11 months again with only a light one in between. So I'm thinking it's hormone related as it settles and then I can go a while without it happening again.

Unfortunately, anxiety can also trigger these things which isn't helpful for us worriers as the more we focus on it the worse and more obvious it becomes.

If it's any consolation my peri menopuase journey started around 37 about your age. I had the flooding periods, then skipping for a month, then every two weeks along with random spotting but several scans confirmed it was just wonky hormones!

Honestly, the joys of womanhood! One thing that I would recommend is when you feel it happening, a nice big glass of cold water. I read that it helps to calm and cool you down and it works for me, also dehydration can add to an increase in heart rate , so lots of H20.

Take care

Looking through the posts with same syptims and I spot your name This I crazy hello Chantel I'm Chantel too and have the same problems as you I am 37 and believe I maybe going into perimenopause as it can start years before the menopause I am going to try some perimenopause vitamins that you can buy maybe speak with your gp . If you would like to chat I'm here anytime .

Apologies for not seeing this until now (I know, three months on!).

It’s funny you mention drinking a lot of water because when this happens I’ve found sometimes my hr will regulate a little while after a couple glasses of water. Great tip!

No idea if this is related to perimenopause but it was gone for a few months and is now back. Th flooding periods are awful but seem to be lessening, somewhat. Thank you for your advice 😊

Another Chantel! Hi 👋

I’m sorry that you’re going through the same thing. Do you get it very often? Is it always before your period or does it happen randomly? Mine seems to happen randomly. Didn’t have any warmth with elevated heart rate for a few months and now it’s back. I hope you find something that helps!
    Last edited by Chantel; 17-04-22 at 14:04.

As others have said, I bet it’s early stage perimenopause. I’m also 38 and my hormones seem to have gone wacky in the last few years. I definitely get these hot sensations/high heart rate sometimes. The don’t feel like the way hot flashes are described but my skin will just be very warm for a while. No one warns us how early our hormones will start malfunctioning!!

Quote Originally Posted by ErinKC View Post
    As others have said, I bet it’s early stage perimenopause. I’m also 38 and my hormones seem to have gone wacky in the last few years. I definitely get these hot sensations/high heart rate sometimes. The don’t feel like the way hot flashes are described but my skin will just be very warm for a while. No one warns us how early our hormones will start malfunctioning!!
    It’s so odd. I had it before bed last night and, as of this morning, still have an elevated heart rate but I’m only a little warm. I wish there was more research put towards women’s health. I often feel like I’m stumbling in the dark. I too have had hot flashes and this does feel different. Like having a fever but temp is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    I wish there was more research put towards women’s health.
    That is FOR SURE!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information