Thread: Worried about possible Appendicitis.

Worried about possible Appendicitis.

It all started Sunday afternoon. I had moderate stomach pain and tried going to bathroom. I couldn't produce anything. The pain persisted and kept me up all night. Monday morning, I was able to have some bowel movement and shortly after doing so, the stomach pain eased up. However, I still have lingering stomach pain in my belly, on my right flank, and sometimes my left flank. It sometimes has a knot like feeling in it and it feels like i'm bloated at times when I am moving around such as walking. I would say any pain is pretty mild and feels cramp like.

In addition, any bowel movement I do have is often very minimal and I produce thin/marble size stools. Sometimes it can be moderate size. It's often a struggle to pass stool most of the time. This is not normal for me as it usually comes out if I really need to go. However, regardless of how often I go, it does nothing to relieve the mild stomach like cramps/pain I'm feeling.

I do not have any fever, loss of appetite, chills, nausea/vomiting or anything that would cause more concern. However, I am concerned regardless because this stomach issue is not going away and I am worried about what it could be. This is not normal for me. I was tempted to go to ER because I fear Appendicitis but this doesn't seem like that based on the timing and all and how my symptoms are. However, I still worry anyways.

I'm hopeful for replies to help me out as to what I could be dealing with or how to deal with this. It seems I'm blocked up inside or something because I'm producing very minimal sized stools when I do have a bowel movement. I've tried laxatives and Pepto Bismol already but that doesn't seem to really help any. Should I go to ER to rule out Appendicitis or could this be something more minor to where a DR would be more necessary?

Re: Worried about possible Appendicitis.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaster View Post
    However, I still have lingering stomach pain in my belly, on my right flank, and sometimes my left flank. It sometimes has a knot like feeling in it and it feels like i'm bloated at times when I am moving around such as walking. I would say any pain is pretty mild and feels cramp like.
    The fact that it's moving between your left and right should more or less rule out anything to do with your appendix. Your appendix is on the right side of your body, and thus appendicitis would be localized on the center/right side.

Re: Worried about possible Appendicitis.

Please just visit your doctor. I'm currently in the hospital recovering from appendectomy after three really uncomfortable days. It started with pain on the left and no inflammation markers in my blood, but after lots of pain the next day I visited the doctor the next day, extreme pain on the right and inflammation markers up. You will be allright, but do check it out please

Thread Information