Thread: Standing on toes

Standing on toes

Hi all
    I've disappeared down the ALS rabbit hole.
    I noticed that when walking on tip toes the other day that my left ankle seems weaker than my right. I then started trying to do single leg calf raises (don't think I've ever done them before but I do run) and I'm finding that I'm really struggling to do them on the left certainly much fewer than on the right. Don't seem to be able to find anything reassuring ok Google (yes I know). Any reassurance would be great fully received before I drive myself more nuts.

Re: Standing on toes

None of us can really re-assure you 100% (nor can the internet in general....) because we're not seeing or feeling what you're experiencing. BUT! I can suggest you immediately stop self testing.
    Every single person who does it ends up pulling something/hurting themselves.

I don't know who here said this, but testing in HA is almost always just setting yourself up to worry about how you did against some standard that exists only in your head and shifts very much based on your anxiety.
    It's absolutely a mug's game.

That said I was just off testing my speech 10 min ago because I have convinced myself my leg and hand aren't weak but now am on about my tongue.
    I can give good advice but taking it is way harder!!

But seriously, I hurt my calf tendons from toe and heel walking, so please take my word for it -- this is not a good idea.
    If you can still walk and especially run as you have before with no major issues then you are absolutely fine.

Thread Information