Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Husband tested positive, I'm negative

Husband tested positive, I'm negative

My husband tested positive today (PCR test), while I remain negative. Not sure how it's possible... Of course as soon as I saw the result of his test I immediately started to feel a little out of breath. I blame it on stress and my asthma, but the thought is there.
    To be honest I think I caught it too (especially since we did kiss yesterday and today) but the incubation period is a bit longer for me.

My husband is 40, normal weight and otherwise healthy, vaccinated 2xPfizer. I'm 37, overweight (but I recently lost 15 kg due to some stomach issue), vaccinated 2xAZ and I have asthma. My husbands symptoms are very mild so far (sore throat, stuffed nose) so I'm not too worried about him, but due to my still high BMI I'm a little worried about myself.
    My fears are also rooted in the fact that I got very sick in 2020 and I'm pretty sure it was corona although they didn't test for it here back then. I had a very high fever and a hard time breathing. It took me 8 weeks to get well again and I'm worried this could come back... To sum up: I am looking for some reassurance and advice from people who had corona recently...

I dont know if I should really lock myself and my husband in separate rooms?
    Should I try to avoid catching it or is it pointless by now?
    Is there anything I can do?
    Last edited by Iwant2bhealthy; 29-12-21 at 22:08.

Re: Husband tested positive, I'm negative

I had it just before Christmas. I had a sore throat for a couple of days, felt a little bit grotty and had a cough - which I still have, but this can last for a while apparently.

Honestly, it was far easier than I thought it would be. I'm double jabbed and I had my booster in October so I'm not sure if it was because I was vaccinated or if it's much milder than it initially was or a combination of both. But it does seem to be a lot milder for people these days.

With regards to isolation, there were three of us in the house, with only one bathroom, which made things a bit difficult. I ended up sleeping on the sofa for a bit and went back into the marital bed after the (now) 7 day isolation. The only way we could make things work for us was with me wearing a mask all the time, frequently washing/gelling hands and trying to stay out of everyone's way.

So far my husband is OK. My son who was visiting in the week leading up to Christmas and went home on Monday tested positive on a lateral flow test yesterday. Honestly, it would have been a miracle if he hadn't got it, he lives in London, 2 of his flatmates have had it in the past couple of weeks, I had it and while home he spent a lot of time catching up with his friends and even had a night out in Newcastle involving many pubs and a night club.

So far all indications are that people aren't getting as ill with it this time round, which I'm hoping will be the case for my son.

Anyway I hope that has been of some help.

Thank you Catkins! I always appreciate your responses.

My husbands symptoms are similar to yours. He's got a sore throat and a dry cough. He had a fever last night and was sweating profusely through the night (I did too so maybe it was the heating at home?), but said that he felt much better in the morning.

We spent the holidays with our families. I was a bit concerned about the risk of infection but everybody tested negative after we told them of our issues, so it's not the family Christmas that dragged the covid to us. The infection happened when my husband went to see a childhood friend on Sunday, and on Tuesday the guy texted that he was positive. :(

I took my PCR test yesterday, but I had no symptoms and it came back clear. This morning I started to feel cold so I took a hot shower which helped a little. Throughout the morning and early noon I felt that my breathing is quite shallow and that I am having some chest pain and pressure on the left side. After a few hours those symptoms lessened, and I even forgot that my breathing wasn't too good when I was on the phone with a customer.

Now I question whether I could just forget the isolation and go downstairs to sit with my husband. After all it does look like we both have it. I even called the GP who told me that I should get tested again before I decide that. It's a pity because being able to cuddle with my husband would surely make me feel better...

I did miss cuddles from my husband, fortunately the dog had me covered on that 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    I did miss cuddles from my husband, fortunately the dog had me covered on that
    Ah, that's cute and I'm jealous! Both my dogs are currently also giving all their love to my husband so I can only hug a pillow atm...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iwant2bhealthy View Post
    Ah, that's cute and I'm jealous! Both my dogs are currently also giving all their love to my husband so I can only hug a pillow atm...

That seems terribly unfair - get treats! I think my dog favours me mostly because I give her more treats.

Snacks help for sure! Both my dogs would make terrible public servants as they are very easily bribed. I would go as far as to say that their favorite person is whoever is currently holding snacks in his or hers hand...

My daughter has covid, Started about 26th Dec. She has been pretty unwell, but feeling better each day her husband and their daughter have not had it They using the same bathroom. So hope all goes well

Thabks for sharing Magic. I'm glad your daughter is doing ok. I hope she will recover completely soon.

I did an antigen test this evening and it's also negative. I don't understand how is this even possible. Me and my husband also share a bathroom, and I still eat downstairs, and until the result of his test came in yesterday evening I was spending time with him like I normally would.

I'm feeling much worse today the breathlessness is still there, and now I also have a throat and nose pain and muscle pain in my legs and my back. I also feel very cold.
    I booked another PCR test just so I can stop self isolating and can sit down next to my husband. He's feeling better every day, but nights get more difficult.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information