Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Husband tested positive, I'm negative

Re: Husband tested positive, I'm negative

Headache and fever. I dont need the test to tell me its corona. This sucks. My husband is feeling better which was to be expected. I am now worried this will be as bad as it was in the beginning of 2020.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

So unfair.

Still have a PCR to confirm it?

Plus if you have got it now, you won't have to hide away from him. You'll feel much better being able to be with him, have a cuddle and not be so restricted in your movements round the house.

In all likelihood your symptoms will be mild and will pass quickly.

Thank you Catkins, I really hope this time it will be better. I took the PCR this morning. I should have the results within 24-48 hours, but last time I got them in the evening of the day of the test.

I feel tired and my head is killing me even though I took 5 paracetamols. :(

I cant wait to see a result! I just want to sit next to my husband and get some support from him. :(

My PCR test of yesterday came back positive. So I could at least sleep in one bed with my husband.

Last night was difficult. I had a fever and the headache was killing me despite the paracetamol. I barely had the energy to go to the bathroom. Around 5 AM my fever went down, and I started to feel better. My headache is gone too!

That's really good. Just keep taking it easy.

Thank you Catkins!

My nose is still completely stuffed and I started to have a wet cough where I cough out yellow phlegm (sorry for the graphic detail). In my case this often mean that the infection went from viral to bacterial.
    I called the GP and I am looking forward to hearing back from them this afternoon.

My husband is feeling great. Besides an occasional cough and a running nose all his other symptoms are gone by now.

My husband thinks I should ring my GP tomorrow when they open back up because I'm still coughing. It doesn't feel like a deep cough if that makes sense, no discomfort in my chest and just the very occasional coughing something up.

I just know that all I'll be told is that I've had Covid and it takes a few weeks to pass. So I can't really see the value in doing it. But, I'll do it to please him.

Did you go to your GP Catkins? I had a phone call with a student doctor in training, and she wasn't very helpful. By now I think I will probably need at least a corticosteroid nose spray, but she told me to wait 1 more week. :/

I have a feeling that this is going in the direction of bronchitis, but I dont yet hear the wheezing and crepitations that usually come with it. The feeling of heat in my chest is there though, and the phlegm (most likely from my nose) too. I guess I will have to wait a little and maybe request a call with my regular GP in a few days. It would be good if the phlegm bacteria died before they had a chance to colonise my lungs.

All in all I feel quite ok today. Symptoms from this morning include: stuffed nose, coughing out phlegm, feeling cold, heat in the chest.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information