Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Husband tested positive, I'm negative

Re: Husband tested positive, I'm negative

Well because I've been coughing pretty steadily since October and then it got a lot worse with Covid my GP said he'd refer me for a chest x-ray just to be on the safe side. He said it could take up to a week.

I actually don't think I've got anything wrong and do feel like I'm wasting their time, but I'm happy to do it to reassure my husband (my son also agrees).

I think that my main problem is that I smoke and need to stop doing that. I had switched to vaping pretty much solely prior the pandemic and then got a more stressed and started smoking again.

Requesting a call from your normal GP might be a good idea. If they know you've had it before and know the signs they should be understanding.

Smoking could very well be the cause of your cough, and a chest x-ray every few years is a good idea anyway.
    I think I read somewhere that a French scientist claimed that people who smoke are less prone to covid, so there seems to be at least one benefit of it...

Today I felt better than yesterday. I am still tired but I don't feel as broken. My sinuses opened, and I can breath easier. I also realised that my sense of taste and smell are almost gone. It doesn’t bother me too much though. I just wonder... In order to leave the quarantine I will need to have no symptoms for 24 hours. I wonder if that includes the loss of sense of smell?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iwant2bhealthy View Post
    Smoking could very well be the cause of your cough, and a chest x-ray every few years is a good idea anyway.
    I think I read somewhere that a French scientist claimed that people who smoke are less prone to covid, so there seems to be at least one benefit of it...

Today I felt better than yesterday. I am still tired but I don't feel as broken. My sinuses opened, and I can breath easier. I also realised that my sense of taste and smell are almost gone. It doesn’t bother me too much though. I just wonder... In order to leave the quarantine I will need to have no symptoms for 24 hours. I wonder if that includes the loss of sense of smell?

I think the 'smokers are less prone to Covid' was actually a myth from earlier in the pandemic that was eventually disproven, but I bet the likes of FOREST revelled in said speculation at the time, (falsely) assuming victory and justice for smokers at long last!

Not intending to scare or have digs at Catkins though.

None taken Lenco 😁.

X-ray appointment came through for Monday. I can't remember ever having had an x-ray on anything other than my mouth. I shall treat it as an adventure!

Thanks for getting my facts straight Lenco!

Catkins, I had 2 chest x-rays in my life. It was 20 years ago and it used to be a freezing experience that required pressing your chest against a cold, cold plate. I sure hope that now someone came up with the idea to warm that plate up!

I assume I'll have to take my underwire bra off? I'll maybe wear a bralet thing instead that day. No bra isn't a good look at 54, but I guess I can cope with swinging free for one day.

When I had mine it was a topless activity. Made me feel like I'm at a Spanish beach, but in January.

Symptoms of this morning: none.
    My nose and sinuses are open by now, and if anything they feel a little dry. I feel good, so if it continues I will be able to leave the quarantine tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Iwant2bhealthy View Post
    Symptoms of this morning: none.
    My nose and sinuses are open by now, and if anything they feel a little dry. I feel good, so if it continues I will be able to leave the quarantine tomorrow!

That's brilliant news!

I stayed at home today because I have still been coughing up some phlegm. I dont sneeze, my sinuses are open but in the morning I have to clear my throat, and get rid of some phlegm. I'm unsure wherter this counts as symptoms of corona or if it's really ok for me to leave the house. I would love to go out and get some groceries but Im afraid I might endanger someone who is unvaccinated or has a weakened immune system...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information