Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Husband tested positive, I'm negative

Re: Husband tested positive, I'm negative

Quote Originally Posted by Iwant2bhealthy View Post
    Thanks for getting my facts straight Lenco!

Catkins, I had 2 chest x-rays in my life. It was 20 years ago and it used to be a freezing experience that required pressing your chest against a cold, cold plate. I sure hope that now someone came up with the idea to warm that plate up!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    I had pleurisy 4 years ago followed by a series of chest x-rays. The plate was still pretty cold then so best be prepared, Catkins! It's a relatively quick procedure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwant2bhealthy View Post
    I stayed at home today because I have still been coughing up some phlegm. I dont sneeze, my sinuses are open but in the morning I have to clear my throat, and get rid of some phlegm. I'm unsure wherter this counts as symptoms of corona or if it's really ok for me to leave the house. I would love to go out and get some groceries but Im afraid I might endanger someone who is unvaccinated or has a weakened immune system...

Can you test yourself just before you plan to go out tomorrow? I would have thought the phlegm was just normal "residue" after upper respiratory tract infection of any kind?

I don't think I can. I was told not to go for another PCR by the employee of the centre for infectious disease control who called me to ask about my contacts after the positove test result. Apparently 8 weeks after the infection I can still test positive despite the fact that the virus is no longer active. This would trigger another 7 days quarantine, and would requite the government to contact me again and spend theur time on someone who isn't ill anymore.

I meant a lateral flow test but these may not be accessible or accepted where you are?

Wouldnt the same be applicable for an LFT test?

Here you can test daily with LFTs after the quarantine period and 2 negative tests in a row (days 6 and 7) mean you are no longer infectious.

Ok. This would mean yhat the LFT tests only catch the actove virus then? I need to do some research on it.

I’m having a dilemma with this too. I was still positive on day 6, so didn’t bother to test again until last night and stuck to 10 days isolation. I’m on day 10 today. However my LFT was still VERY faint positive last night, for a good 10 mins it was reading a negative result but then a faint like did appear :(.

Over here guidance says that you can leave day 10 as long as you don’t still have any of the more severe symptoms ( fever) and feel well l, but because I still worry about being contagious, it didn’t give me that much relief.

I'd stay put for as long as you feel you should, Alice. Wait for 2 consecutive strong negative LFTs?

Yes probably should do this Pulisa. Very fed up at this point but I might test again tomorrow and see what happens then

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information