Thread: I keep passing something tissuey with my BMs, and it's starting to panic me

I keep passing something tissuey with my BMs, and it's starting to panic me

For the past year and a half now, every few weeks when I do a number two, with the stool will come kind of whiteish/semi-light browish 'tissue' that floats around, separate from the stool. And it puzzles me as to what it is. It's not slippery or jelly-like as mucus usually is, it's not particularly stringy, and from what I can tell it's completely bloodless. And I have no idea as to what it could possibly be.

The paranoid side of me thinks it may be shreds of intestinal line/tissue, but from about everything I can find online, that's more or less a medical impossibility and/or completely unheard of. And there's zero pain in my gut, which if one were shedding large chunks of tissue you'd think there would be. It doesn't feel like mucus (though when it dries, it dries to pretty much just a super thin rigid sheet of almost glass-like quality kind of like mucus does?), and it doesn't look like stringy stuff like pictures of yeast candida I've seen does...but...I'm out of ideas....and it's really starting to terrify me if I actually am painlessly passing large chunks of intestinal lining which feels like it would be a medical first.

Re: I keep passing something tissuey with my BMs, and it's starting to panic me

Its mucous, I'd put a lot of money on it, just a more 'dry' form - its there for a good reason to help the passage of stools, but more common in those with Irritable bowel or constipation it seems. You aren't the first to come on here and think they have something like a tape-worm that is breaking up in their bowels or some sort of 'tissue' is coming out - but it won't be.

Re: I keep passing something tissuey with my BMs, and it's starting to panic me

It’s actually mucus/fiber kinda thing. It’s more common if you eat veggies. i was kinda worried just like you, but my good friend is a colorectal, and yea, got it checked from a sample.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information