Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extremely worried father tested positive for Covid

Extremely worried father tested positive for Covid

I’ve done so well trying not to panic for almost 2 years now to the point I hadn’t seen the inside of a hospital thinking I was having a heart attack for going on 2 years now which is extremely good for me. Anyway I rarely the house and on the one instance I did with my father for a Christmas night out 7 days later he’s tested positive with minor symptoms so far my symptoms so far also quite minor feeling a bit crappy and slight cough the first day which elevated the second day and turned into a sore throat and now the cough is slightly better and the sore throat has almost completely vanished. I’ve had multiple negative LFT’s which I know basically means nothing as they aren’t an exact science but I’ve done a PCR today so should get the results for that the next day or two. I haven’t been vaccinated not because I’m a vaccine sceptic it’s nothing like that I’ve just been petrified and yes I know the virus is worse and yes I know I’m an idiot but this is where I find myself and too be quite honest it’s extremely scary and very panic inducing not just for me but I’m scared for my father. If by some miracle my PCR is negative tomorrow I’ll be booking the vaccine 100% without question. I guess I just wanted to maybe hear from anybody else with similar worries Covid related I’m a 38 year old male

Re: Extremely worried father tested positive for Covid

Sorry to hear about your Dad, I hope he’s keeping well. You’re not the only here who isn’t vaccinated due to fear over it, maybe you’ll think again when you have another opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sounds like you are improving and both of you have just had minor symptoms - which is really good news. Scass is right, there are lots of here who aren't anti-vaxxers but are just scared of the vaccine, so you certainly aren't alone. You will find loads on here who have also had all three including the booster - if you want to talk about having it in the future . There are currently lots of threads on here relating to covid and a quick search will reveal them, plenty from people with similar worries to you and worried about family members. Is your father generally well, is he in a vulnerable group and/or vaccinated ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    It sounds like you are improving and both of you have just had minor symptoms - which is really good news. Scass is right, there are lots of here who aren't anti-vaxxers but are just scared of the vaccine, so you certainly aren't alone. You will find loads on here who have also had all three including the booster - if you want to talk about having it in the future . There are currently lots of threads on here relating to covid and a quick search will reveal them, plenty from people with similar worries to you and worried about family members. Is your father generally well, is he in a vulnerable group and/or vaccinated ?
    Thank you for the replies both of you I appreciate it and he’s had two shots of the vaccine snd in a risk group because he’s 70 but he’s ultra fit (probably) fitter than me. All of our symptoms are still relatively mild today slight cough and just generally feeling a bit crappy but I’ve had no fever throughout the whole thing snd the cough has been completely manageable. Regularly checking oxygen levels as well and it’s been pretty great so far this is officially day 4 since I first developed a slight cough and I don’t want to prematurely celebrate but it does look quite good for us

Also the first thing I’m doing when I’m clear is getting the vaccine I will 100% be getting it snd whatever anxieties come with it I’ll roll my sleeves up and deal with it because even when the symptoms are mild with Covid they are still really crappy it’s still not very nice

Great idea, but don't beat yourself up if you struggle? You seem like a genuinely nice person and I'm sorry to see you having such a rough time.

It is a great idea, and trust me, I get the 'vaccine anxiety' thing as I have hideous medication fears, of any sort. The first one I had I made myself ill in the weeks leading up to it, and then wondered what the fuss was about afterwards LOL You might like to check though about when to have it now, as if your PCR test shows covid positive I think there is some timescale that is recommended after a natural infection. It might be 28 days after positive symptoms started - but I'm not sure about that.

I have said elsewhere on this forum, to a couple of people who currently have covid and are having horrible illness and fears about covid symptoms, and didn't have the vaccine due to fears of vaccination - they are having a hugely worse time than any vaccine would have brought about. At least with the vaccine, if you do get any 'side effects' its a known set of immune responses that are self-limiting.

he’s had two shots of the vaccine snd in a risk group because he’s 70 but he’s ultra fit (probably) fitter than me.
    Definitely no comorbidities then , and physically very fit - great news. Covid isn't what it was 2 years ago, even if somebody is unlucky and becomes ill then the medics know treatments and how to go about things now for many many more people than in the past.
    Last edited by Carys; 01-01-22 at 18:50.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Great idea, but don't beat yourself up if you struggle? You seem like a genuinely nice person and I'm sorry to see you having such a rough time.
    Thank you iris that’s incredibly nice of you too say I appreciate that 😊 and I’m trying my best to not be too hard on myself and enter a full blown panic I think I’m doing reasonably well so far apart from there was a period yesterday where it took over for a while but I was able to get it under control relatively quickly thankfully 😊

Yeah I think your right it’s around 28 days or so you have to wait after infection and yeah it’s great my dad is so fit it’s a great peace of mind going into something like this. I’m mostly holding onto the fact that it is reasonably mild still and tomorrow will be the 5th day so it’s at least one semi positive thing too hold on too 😊 the pulse oximiter is an absolute life saver it’s helped me no end just for that little bit of peace of mind when I need it. You’re 100% right about the vaccine and I do absolutely regret not taking the plunge with the vaccine but if at least one good thing comes from this experience it will be me finally being protected at the end of it with the vaccine. Thanks for your replies everybody I really do mean that it’s lovely and heartwarming too have been away from the site for such a long time but still have that little bit of help here when I need it I can’t tel you how much it means too me

Quote Originally Posted by davey2k17 View Post
    Thank you iris that’s incredibly nice of you too say I appreciate that  and I’m trying my best to not be too hard on myself and enter a full blown panic I think I’m doing reasonably well so far apart from there was a period yesterday where it took over for a while but I was able to get it under control relatively quickly thankfully 
    I think you're doing incredibly well and I know it's a strange thing to say but maybe having covid has shown you that you can deal with panic and severe stress and you have learned how to be resilient when you are frightened. Get well soon davey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information