Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Close contact tested positive Covid

Close contact tested positive Covid

Was at a family get together last night everyone had been testing beforehand and all negative then today one of the party was feeling unwell and has tested positive now I am panicking really bad I’m also worried about my dad for whom I am his mss as in carer as he is very vulnerable I’ve tested negative tonight but might be too early? Anxiety is spiralling 😢

Close contact tested positive Covid

Was at a family get together last night everyone had been testing beforehand and all negative then today one of the party was feeling unwell and has tested positive now I am panicking really bad I’m also worried about my dad for whom I am his mss as in carer as he is very vulnerable I’ve tested negative tonight but might be too early? Anxiety is spiralling 😢

Re: Close contact tested positive Covid

Quote Originally Posted by smogie View Post
    I’m in the exact same place as you mate my dad tested positive after we had a night out he’s tested positive and I’m waiting for my PCR after multiple multiple negative lateral flows but just listen to your body you’ll know if you have it it’s hard to explain but you just know I know for a fact that I have it it’s just a formality the PCR I’ll be on day 5 tomorrow after the onset of my first symptom which was a cough and luckily so far it’s been reasonably mild and I haven’t been vaccinated I just feel a bit crappy snd a bit tired but nothing too concerning yet too be honest the panic is the most testing part of this experience so far so I’d really urge you to try you’re best to try snd keep it together and be as positive as possible because the chances are you could have it as this new variant is extremely transmissible they are saying. I hope you get the results you are hoping for and I really hope your father is ok my dad is fit but he’s 70 so I feel what you’re going through right now. I know it sounds really cliche but try and stay as positive as you can mate it really does help the whole process more than you can imagine

Are you and your dad vaccinated?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

shouldnt matter vaccinated or not, can still get it but thats not the isssue here, smogie stay safe and get pcr if unsure and LF are unreliable, i work in care and touch wood despite having it in our setting , i havent and ive been in hospital, worked throughout and been on holiday

Yes we both have had both vaccines and the booster

Been all over today to get some lateral flows but none to be had anywhere I need to be at my dads as he has multiple health problems and recently diagnosed with dementia but am so scared in case I’m infected

Been all over today to get some lateral flows but none to be had anywhere I need to be at my dads as he has multiple health problems and recently diagnosed with dementia but am so scared in case I’m infected

I have gotten up this morning with a sore throat and a little bit of a cough so scared now have no lfts left waiting for some to come my anxiety is soaring

Yes we both have had both vaccines and the booster
    Then rest assured that even IF you, and your dad get it you will very likely be fine!

In the meantime can you do something to help yourself with your anxiety such as talking to a friend or doing something physical?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information