Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tested positive

Tested positive

Hi everyone,

I just tested positive for COVID. I’m terrified. I’m double vaccinated but didn’t have my booster shot yet.

Two weeks ago I started having a sore throat and stuffy nose. It went away after about a week, I stayed home and I did a rapid home test 5 days into my symptoms. It came out negative.

Two weeks later my cold goes away but comes back again. As a chesty cough, thick phlegm, headache, maybe slight fever. My voice sounds hoarse and I just overall feel tired. I tested again at home 3am and I’m positive now. My mom was sick this week too and she’s feeling better but she got her booster shot two weeks ago.

I’ve been two weeks having symptoms, I don’t understand why I didn’t test positive the first week and only now I am?

I am terrified symptoms will get worse. I’m 28 and overweight. So far only slight sore throat again and stuffy nose. Feeling tired and having a headache, didn’t check temp but I feel warm.
    Did I already pass the worst of it when I didn’t test positive? I’m so confused at how I even got it. I want to cry because I’m scared of ending up in the hospital or something.

Since my mom was sick she tested and was negative earlier this week. I don’t understand how I got it.
    Last edited by anxious_thoughts; 02-01-22 at 08:14.

Re: Tested positive

I understand how you feel. I tested positive on Friday, and at first I got really anxious about it. I read other people's sotires 9f contracting covid and they are all very reassuring. So far I had just 1 bad day and night, and it's getting better since.

The reality is that you are 28 and double vaccinated. Even if you are overweight you will be fine. Statistics and experience shows that well over 90% of deaths are in the group of people aged 60+.

You will really be fine!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

No hope for me then....

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    No hope for me then....
    What do you mean pulisa?

No hope for me then....
    Not necessarily, as quite a few people I know over the age of 60 have had Covid (namely Delta) over the past 6 months and successfully recovered.

All were fully jabbed though.

Im so scared and confused because it’s been two weeks now since I’ve had cold like symptoms. 5 days into my first symptoms I tested negative. Then two weeks from when I first got symptoms I’m now positive. Im not sure how it’s possible :(

You probably caught a cold first and a corona later. It's winter, so common cold and flu viruses are still going around.

Get a nice ginger, lemon and honey tea and make sure you have paracetamol at hand. You will be ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Iwant2bhealthy View Post
    What do you mean pulisa?

I'm over 60 and hate to be considered as one of those in the "well, they are old anyway" group. Plenty of people my age are in good shape physically.

I'm over 60 and hate to be considered as one of those in the "well, they are old anyway" group. Plenty of people my age are in good shape physically.
    Nowhere in my post did I say that ppl over 60 are considered an "old anyway person", so I still don't see what your reaction has to do with the statistics I was quoting to add courage to a 28 year old woman who is anxious about her health.

Adding source below: https://coronadashboard.rijksoverhei...delijk/sterfte
    Last edited by Iwant2bhealthy; 02-01-22 at 14:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwant2bhealthy View Post
    You probably caught a cold first and a corona later. It's winter, so common cold and flu viruses are still going around.

Get a nice ginger, lemon and honey tea and make sure you have paracetamol at hand. You will be ok!

Thank you!! Will definitely drink some of that tea.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information