Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tested positive

I keep overthinking my breathing…

I am on day 7 or 8 of my first Covid symptoms. I tested positive last week.

I have been okay so far, just lots of congestion, exhaustion, and post nasal drip. I was stupid last night and I kept reading about breathing problems, and this has really brought on bad anxiety. I’ve been getting better progressively each day, but this anxiety is hitting hard.

I keep overthinking my breathing and it feels so mechanical now, like I have to force myself to breathe. I didn’t have any problems prior to last night when I started reading about how sometimes during the 6-7 day symptoms get worse. I know it’s anxiety because I typed all of this without focusing on my breathing and I felt fine.

How do I stop worrying?? I don’t have any oxygen meter and I think I would be too scared to use it anyways. But I just know it’s anxiety because none of this started happening until an article I came across. I just want to cry also because no sleep. :(
    Last edited by anxious_thoughts; 06-01-22 at 17:28.

Re: I keep overthinking my breathing…

Quote Originally Posted by anxious_thoughts View Post
    How do I stop worrying?? :(
    You start by stopping with googling...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I am going through the same thing. I have asthma and am getting over covid. It has been two weeks since I tested positive. I cannot stop thinking about my breathing. When I am busy, I do not have any shortness of breath. As soon as I start to think about it I begin feeling short of breath. Also, my oxygen levels have been 97 and higher. I am sorry you are going through this. Please, stay away from google.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwant2bhealthy View Post
    You start by stopping with googling...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    I know, I know. I really really need to avoid google today :(

Quote Originally Posted by watercolors View Post
    I am going through the same thing. I have asthma and am getting over covid. It has been two weeks since I tested positive. I cannot stop thinking about my breathing. When I am busy, I do not have any shortness of breath. As soon as I start to think about it I begin feeling short of breath. Also, my oxygen levels have been 97 and higher. I am sorry you are going through this. Please, stay away from google.
    Aww I’m sorry you’re going through this. :(
    Remind yourself that when you are busy you don’t have the shortness of breath. That’s what I’ve been doing.

But omg last night was terrible and I barely slept because of it. I hope tonight will be better. I’m getting anxiety about night time now, i just went to get through all of this :(

Re: Tested positive

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by anxious_thoughts View Post
    Hi everyone,

I just tested positive for COVID. I’m terrified. I’m double vaccinated but didn’t have my booster shot yet.

Two weeks ago I started having a sore throat and stuffy nose. It went away after about a week, I stayed home and I did a rapid home test 5 days into my symptoms. It came out negative.

Two weeks later my cold goes away but comes back again. As a chesty cough, thick phlegm, headache, maybe slight fever. My voice sounds hoarse and I just overall feel tired. I tested again at home 3am and I’m positive now. My mom was sick this week too and she’s feeling better but she got her booster shot two weeks ago.

I’ve been two weeks having symptoms, I don’t understand why I didn’t test positive the first week and only now I am?

I am terrified symptoms will get worse. I’m 28 and overweight. So far only slight sore throat again and stuffy nose. Feeling tired and having a headache, didn’t check temp but I feel warm.
    Did I already pass the worst of it when I didn’t test positive? I’m so confused at how I even got it. I want to cry because I’m scared of ending up in the hospital or something.

Since my mom was sick she tested and was negative earlier this week. I don’t understand how I got it.
    I’m overweight and my dad is 70 and we seem to be over the worst of it now. Stay positive 😊😊

Quote Originally Posted by davey2k17 View Post
    I’m overweight and my dad is 70 and we seem to be over the worst of it now. Stay positive 😊😊
    It honestly sounds like the symptoms you had a couple weeks ago were a genuine cold and this time around it’s actually Covid. I’m not sure if those two linking is making you more anxious but I honestly don’t think they link if that helps at all

Quote Originally Posted by davey2k17 View Post
    It honestly sounds like the symptoms you had a couple weeks ago were a genuine cold and this time around it’s actually Covid. I’m not sure if those two linking is making you more anxious but I honestly don’t think they link if that helps at all
    Thank you for the message. Yes I think it must have been a cold. Just such a weird timeline!
    I am now on day 8-9. How about you?
    I want to think I’ve passed the worst part of it, but still a bit scared. Then breathing worries have stopped and I was able to get some great sleep last night ☺️

Woke up this morning on day 9-10, feeling a little better energy wise, but the congestion is still here. It drives me crazy :(

It’s odd because at some point it felt better (2 days ago), then it came back. It’s not like there’s much mucus coming out either, my nostrils feel so dry.

I’ve been doing nasal rinses 2 times a day. In the morning first thing, and the mucus is yellow typically after the first rinse. Then for the most part it is clear. I have post nasal drip as well, that is sometimes worse during the day but sometimes isn’t.

Not sure why the congestion feels so bad. Did anyone have anything similar?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information