Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tested positive

Re: Tested positive

Can you take Mucinex for cough and congestion if you don’t have bronchitis?

Quote Originally Posted by anxious_thoughts View Post
    Can you take Mucinex for cough and congestion if you don’t have bronchitis?
    I've had a crud of an upper respiratory infection for over a week now. No fever but some coughing up some chunky colors for sure. I've been taking Mucinex (12hr tabs) along with doses of Dayquil/Nyquil all along. Helps take the edge off. I'm getting better but man is it hanging on! Still have the cough, runny nose and mucous. Might need to see the doc if it doesn't start waning by next week. At least its not COVID....

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I've had a crud of an upper respiratory infection for over a week now. No fever but some coughing up some chunky colors for sure. I've been taking Mucinex (12hr tabs) along with doses of Dayquil/Nyquil all along. Helps take the edge off. I'm getting better but man is it hanging on! Still have the cough, runny nose and mucous. Might need to see the doc if it doesn't start waning by next week. At least its not COVID....

FMP
    I truly hope you feel better soon!
    Im at the tail end of COVID. Just cogestión left over and post nasal drip. I hope the Mucinex helps, little nervous to try it. I hate taking new meds

The Mucinex helps break up and bring up the crud though... I wouldn't sweat it TBH.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    The Mucinex helps break up and bring up the crud though... I wouldn't sweat it TBH.

FMP
    I ended up taking it!

Mucinex is my savior anytime I have chest congestion. I feel like it really helps get it all broken up. If you take the one that only has guaifenesin and dextromethorphan you can pair it with alka seltzer cold - really helps me with the runny nose part too. If you take the Mucinex d though don’t take anything else with it, as you’ll double up on the decongestants.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    Mucinex is my savior anytime I have chest congestion. I feel like it really helps get it all broken up. If you take the one that only has guaifenesin and dextromethorphan you can pair it with alka seltzer cold - really helps me with the runny nose part too. If you take the Mucinex d though don’t take anything else with it, as you’ll double up on the decongestants.
    Thank you glassgirl!!
    On my second one already and some mucus has been coming up. But not much as most of the congestion is in my nose, my chest isn’t so bad.

Do you know how long you usually take it for? Or just until you start to feel better?

I’m finally on the mend now. But I did spend almost 8 days in bed, I noticed today when I started moving around more than usual that I have a pain in my upper right thigh on the side. Trying not to worry that it’s a blood clot from being bed ridden for a while but the fear is starting!! :(

It's more than likely due to inactivity. Try to build up moving about more.

Hope your chest x-ray wasn't too cold, Catkins!!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information