Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Tested positive

Re: Tested positive

Quote Originally Posted by anxious_thoughts View Post
    Im on day 13-14. Overall I definitely feel lots of improvements. My lingering symptoms are cough, post nasal drip, tired from doing small tasks, and just really bad anxiety.

My anxiety makes me worry about my breathing. Although I tested negative now for COVID and i didn’t have any breathing problems even on my sicker days, I feel worried now that maybe my oxygen levels are low. I feel very anxious about moving around my house, so I try to just move around in my bedroom. But I feel weird, a bit out of it, and my heart starts to race and I begin to get panicky. Do you think it’s just anxiety?

I had breathing anxiety before COVID, but I can still take deep breathes. I just worry that getting an oximeter will cause further anxiety and obsessing to check it and then spiralling if it’s lower than 94.
    As it's now been almost a fortnight since you first tested positive for Covid, I'm wondering if your infection might be late Delta, as A; the USA allegedly lags behind the UK by a couple of weeks in terms of Omicron being the predominant variant, and B; the vast majority of Omicron infectees reportedly have symptoms for approximately 4-5 days on average.

I would say that your anxiety is the most significant issue now and all covid-whether omicron or delta- has done is trigger your breathing fears significantly. The facts are though that you've got through covid and your breathing was unaffected. Now you've just got lingering fairly routine physical symptoms but a whole shedload of anxiety to torment you. I think it would be a really good idea to see your GP about this anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I would say that your anxiety is the most significant issue now and all covid-whether omicron or delta- has done is trigger your breathing fears significantly. The facts are though that you've got through covid and your breathing was unaffected. Now you've just got lingering fairly routine physical symptoms but a whole shedload of anxiety to torment you. I think it would be a really good idea to see your GP about this anxiety.
    Luckily I had a better day today. I was able to move around without feeling dizzy or anxious. Didn’t even worry about my breathing last night.

Really the only thing left over is slight tiredness, cough, some congestion, and post nasal drip. Today it’s -10 Celsius and I had the window open a crack, that triggered my cough after a little while because I didn’t have my feet covered. I had some tea and soup and my cough has slowly been going away. So I’m glad about that.

But overall I’ve been feeling better and my doctor did say I’m through the worst. I also got a puffer that helps with any lung inflammation and a nasal spray for post nasal drip.

Overall I think the anxiety has been the worst part.

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Pulisa is right, Covid is no longer an issue, your anxiety is. In my previous response I asked you if you can contact your GP about your anxiety, but you didnt respond. Do you not want to do that? If so, what is stopping you?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iwant2bhealthy View Post
    Glad to hear you are feeling better. Pulisa is right, Covid is no longer an issue, your anxiety is. In my previous response I asked you if you can contact your GP about your anxiety, but you didnt respond. Do you not want to do that? If so, what is stopping you?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Yes I definitely think my anxiety is the issue. I did speak with my doctor on Tuesday and she did help a bit by saying that the worst is now over since I’m more than weeks now since my first symptoms started showing.

I hope you’re doing well!

That was about your physical symptoms though, not your anxiety.

Update:

Overall 23 days later I’m feeling so much better. Not 100% but almost my normal self. I still have some cough and post nasal drip, I actually have a chest X-ray later today just for a peace of mind.

Been doing lots of at home remedies the last 3 days and it’s been really helping the cough.

Although, my anxiety for leaving the house for the first time in a month is a bit high. I feel a little nervous of going in and getting my X-ray done. I had breathing anxiety throughout my COVID experience, so I’m a bit worried about that. More so being in a public place and not in the comfort of my own home. Hoping it will go okay and that I don’t cancel last minute.

I think when we suffer from anxiety that makes us feel worse especially with breathing issues - I am on day 5 and have most awful headache and runny/blocked nose - so real cough to speak of but absolutely terrified it is going to change and start with the more serious breathing issues - I hate anxiety 😟

Quote Originally Posted by shazbog View Post
    I think when we suffer from anxiety that makes us feel worse especially with breathing issues - I am on day 5 and have most awful headache and runny/blocked nose - so real cough to speak of but absolutely terrified it is going to change and start with the more serious breathing issues - I hate anxiety 😟
    Anxiety is truly the worst. But I hope you have a speedy recovery!

I’m on week 5 or 6 now. Still not even 100%, I also worry I’m still going to get some breathing issue. I still have cough, postnasal drip, and a chesty feeling. My chest X-ray was clear.

I get so scared about doing anything cardio. I feel like I won’t be able to catch my breath and my heart seems to pump so hard. Not sure if it’s me overthinking or what.

I hope you continue feeling better. I know it’s truly difficult to say anything that will help ease the anxiety. But make sure you stay hydrated and keep your mind busy!

I’m on week 5 or 6 by now since COVID symptoms first started. Overall I’m much better but still not 100%. I still have cough, Post nasal drip, and a chesty feeling. As well as a clear/normal chest X-ray.

Yesterday I managed to be more active during the day. Then I made the mistake of dusting my desk and it caused my chest to get irritated as I’m allergic to dust mites. So because of this I had a worse cough last night and so far today it’s bad too. Typically my dust allergy goes away after a couple hours but maybe since I’m still recovering it’s taking longer to subside.

I’m also an anxious mess when it comes to doing any type of activity that would raise my heart rate. I feel like I worry about my breathing and the way my heart is pumping. Just all seems to be pumping harder than usual. But unsure if it’s all in my head or what. I just want to get better already. I’m so tired of this. :(

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information