Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Tested positive

Clear chest x-ray but rumble in chest sometimes when taking deep breath

Im overcoming COVID, but I’m about 6 weeks past my first symptoms.

Currently I have post nasal drip, cough, and I find my airways feel irritated and sensitive. I can feel it in my chest that they’re irritated, things like dust really triggers the cough and makes irritation worse.

I did a chest X-ray 2 weeks ago and it came back clear. But tonight as I was laying on my side, I took a couple of deep breaths and noticed twice that there is some slight rumbling in my chest.
    Can it be the post nasal drip in my airways? I’m so scared of it being something worse :(. I feel like I haven’t lived my normal life in so long. When I sit upwards this rumble next happens and also it doesn’t happen often. The last time I felt this rumble was 2 weeks ago prior to the X-ray.

What have you been doing to soothe cough?

Re: Clear chest x-ray but rumble in chest sometimes when taking deep breath

Honestly I think it's still an after effect of Covid. I had it before Christmas and I'm still coughing (not helped by my lifestyle choices). Some days worse than others, I had a chest x-ray too and all was clear. Now I really do think that lots of things contribute to it, even the weather!

We have a multi fuel stove in our living room and I often coughed more when that was on, so I put a bowl of water next to it - it really helped. But then the weather being wet seems to make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Honestly I think it's still an after effect of Covid. I had it before Christmas and I'm still coughing (not helped by my lifestyle choices). Some days worse than others, I had a chest x-ray too and all was clear. Now I really do think that lots of things contribute to it, even the weather!

We have a multi fuel stove in our living room and I often coughed more when that was on, so I put a bowl of water next to it - it really helped. But then the weather being wet seems to make it worse.
    Hello Catkins, thank you for responding!
    Yes I definitely agree that’s lots of things contribute to it! But I just hate that I feel like a tickle in my chest, and when I take a deep breath I feel that tickle worsen. Does that happen to you as well? Also worsens with dust!

How does a bowl of water help if you don’t mind me asking? :P
    We have very dry winter weather here right now so I have a humidifier going all day
    I want to try going for walks and working out but I’m scared because that increases my breathing and heart rate. So worried that something bad will happen

The bowl of water beside the fire puts a bit of moisture back in the air - cheaper than a humidifier! Dust will definitely irritate your chest as well.

My tickle is mostly in my throat.

I know it's easy for me to say but do as many things as you can to distract you from it. It does take time to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    The bowl of water beside the fire puts a bit of moisture back in the air - cheaper than a humidifier! Dust will definitely irritate your chest as well.

My tickle is mostly in my throat.

I know it's easy for me to say but do as many things as you can to distract you from it. It does take time to recover.
    Ahh I see! Makes sense. Glad it’s been helping you

I finally got out of the house and went for a very short walk just up my street and came back. It felt nice to finally get fresh air. It just worries me because the cough used to feel dry and only from my throat, now it seems deeper in my chest. So odd, but maybe I’m just overthinking because I didn’t have breathing issues while walking and I don’t have any going up the stairs.

Re: Tested positive

Please post all your worries on this post as we have to keep merging them. Thanks

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information