Thread: Convinced I've OC or something nasty

Convinced I've OC or something nasty

So I've had lower back and hip pain on and off since around May/June time,I started training a few weeks later is when it worsened so I put that down to strain. I was also having pain around my tailbone which with rest seemed to settle but the pain in my left hip has only got worse and the back pain has come back with a vengeance. Also I'd also seen my GP around end of oct/November who give me antinflamatries which take the edge off but don't completely help. He seemed to think it was all a back problem and referred me for physio for which I'm still waiting on appointment.
    In the meantime,my hip pain has become awful in the mornings,its such a horrible dull ache I get once I get up move around. If I'm standing for anymore than 10/15mins or doing housework my back is in bits like my whole pelvic and area and the whole way round hurts. I've got kyself convinced now it's something awful and the dreaded Ovarian cancer keeps popping up 😔 I havent any irregular bleeding thankfully but my periods have become lighter this last few months. Hoping to speak to my GP soon about it but I'm so afraid of the whirlwind of tests and scans that I'll probably need and obviously the outcome. Its consuming me at the moment.

Re: Convinced I've OC or something nasty

I'm sorry you're having so much pain! Back pain is just the worst because it's so hard it pinpoint, but it's also exceptionally common! I used to get hip pain that I self-diagnosed as sacro-iliac joint pain. It would also aggravate my sciatic nerve and cause back and tailbone pain. Pain from cancer wouldn't come and go with activities - that is much more likely to be muscular/skeletal. I also have a weak pelvic floor that sometimes causes low back and tailbone pain. I saw a PT for that and it helped a ton. But I've had a baby and a hysterectomy, so I'm more prone to that.

I'm going through something similar it's awful isn't it, I'm young and panicked because I googled, my period was 6 days late probably due to the enormous amount of stress, I've been having pelvic and back pain for almost a month now, still scared despite ultrasound and CT scan can seem to let it go. I'm not bloated or anything at all but still scared. Hang in there

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDee View Post
    So I've had lower back and hip pain on and off since around May/June time,I started training a few weeks later is when it worsened so I put that down to strain. I was also having pain around my tailbone which with rest seemed to settle but the pain in my left hip has only got worse and the back pain has come back with a vengeance. Also I'd also seen my GP around end of oct/November who give me antinflamatries which take the edge off but don't completely help. He seemed to think it was all a back problem and referred me for physio for which I'm still waiting on appointment.
    In the meantime,my hip pain has become awful in the mornings,its such a horrible dull ache I get once I get up move around. If I'm standing for anymore than 10/15mins or doing housework my back is in bits like my whole pelvic and area and the whole way round hurts. I've got kyself convinced now it's something awful and the dreaded Ovarian cancer keeps popping up 😔 I havent any irregular bleeding thankfully but my periods have become lighter this last few months. Hoping to speak to my GP soon about it but I'm so afraid of the whirlwind of tests and scans that I'll probably need and obviously the outcome. Its consuming me at the moment.
    I just wanted to let you know that I saw a doctor for short periods. I pushed for a thyroid blood test and all was fine. The doctor said shorter periods aren’t really concerning, it’s when they stop completely or they get really heavy they would be more concerned.

I hope you can sort the back pain soon.

Thread Information