Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So annoying

So annoying

I've been on vacation from work since Christmas Eve. I'm due to return to work tomorrow. The annoying part is, its now 12:30 in the morning, and I'm still awake so its likely tomorrow at work will be exhausting. I hate sleepless nights with a passion.

it’s doubly annoying because the whole time I’ve been on vacation my body has been stuck on the work sleep cycle. To bed early, wake early. Right up until the day I’m to return to work lol. Figures.

Re: So annoying

Same here, I've had a long break, and now the day before I go back I finally start waking after 6am. Argh.

Yeah, I've had this for years too. Every Monday I felt rough with a sore throat. It's frustrating.

Hopefully work will pass quickly and without stress and you will get a good night's sleep afterwards.

To be fair, I somewhat brought this one on myself lol. Went to my dads for an early dinner, came home with a full belly. Sat down to watch tv and at about 5 pm caught myself nodding off. So in one of my less brilliant moments, I had a cup of coffee. Dumb. And I even knew it at the time haha. Is what it is I guess. Now 1:30 am and I need to be up at 5. Long day ahead, hopefully it will pass quickly as you say, Terry!!

If it won't create more anxiety it might be worth just getting up at some point. As the time draws closer it just gets harder. You will probably be knackered in the afternoon though. A quick power nap for 30 mins can feel great though.

Do you read in bed? It might distract your mind a bit and tire your eyes out enough to nod off?

Yeah I got up for a bit, made me a cup of chamomile tea. Ive been reading since I laid down for bed at ten lol. The main issue now is I can’t seem to get my mind settled and quiet, I think I’m just dreading how I’ll feel tomorrow at this point. But, I’ll get through it and return to normal sleep tomorrow night. Rationally I know stressing over lack of sleep won’t make sleep come any easier. Getting my mind to shut up about it is turning out to be much more difficult lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Yeah, I've had this for years too. Every Monday I felt rough with a sore throat. It's frustrating.
    Which is incidentally one of the foremost symptoms of Omicron right now.

Well…I finally fell asleep at 3 this morning lol. It’s now 5 am and I’m up having my coffee before getting ready for work. Yay for Mondays after a vacation. LOL. Praying it passes quickly and as least eventful as possible

I'm back to work tomorrow after over 2 weeks off, first Covid and then leave.

I started getting agitated about it yesterday. So I thought I'll try and get into work bedtime routine last night, went to bed, read (I do this every night tbh), turned the light off at a reasonable time. Then I started coughing, ended getting back up to take some cough medicine and was bloody wide awake. Eventually got to sleep at about 12.30, then wide awake later than normal. 🤷*♀️

On the bright side you all have jobs (good jobs I hope). I yearn for a job but that's not going to happen any time soon.

Hope you're all doing well today.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information