Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another post about the dreaded “ninja bat”

Re: Another post about the dreaded “ninja bat”

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector javert View Post
    I don’t recall touching him (that was tough because I love dogs).

part of me wonders if he bit me and I didn’t notice.
    1. The dog was friendly and didn’t seem sick (cold maybe but not sick)
    2. Other people were interacting with the dog without issues.
    3. The dog had some kind of collar on (no rabies tag that I could see though) meaning he had an owner and was likely vaccinated or at the very least unlikely to contract rabies in the first place.
    I could use some reassurance
    Just read what you wrote.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Ok good news: I’m out of the ninja bat phase for the time being.

Bad news m: it’s been replaced by invisible puppy bite fear after I petted an adorable little puppy (with his masters permission) and she put her mouth on my arm after licking me.(erm the dog not her master) I don’t think it broke the skin and the dog was just being a little hyperactive according to her owner.

Still I feel a small burning in the lower part of my arm now so my anxiety is already picking out my coffin and asking if it can have my CDs. A bit of reassurance would help I also plan to ask the owner about the dog next week when they come back. I’m also seeing my GP next month so maybe they will get me in touch with therapy.

Thanks in advance for any help but no YOU can’t have my cds either. 🙂

Still I feel a small burning in the lower part of my arm now so my anxiety is already picking out my coffin and asking if it can have my CDs.
    I love this. Consider it stolen.

A bit of reassurance would help I also plan to ask the owner about the dog next week when they come back.
    I can't help but think of Inspector Clouseau here..

Inspector Clouseau: Does your dog bite?

Hotelier: No.

Clouseau bends down to pet the dog and the dog bites him.

Clouseau: I thought you said it didn't bite!

Hotelier: That's not my dog.

I have OCD. It's so frustrating when you can't get your brain to accept what your eyes can see, right?

Out of interest, what will you say to the owner? I would actually tread carefully here. People can get a bit arsey?

Thanks in advance for any help but no YOU can’t have my cds either. 
    I'll no doubt come across them as a job-lot on Ebay.

I went through something similar last year. My neighbors new little dog was all excited to see me and I pet her a lot and she was so excited and jumping around that she somehow scraped one of her tiny sharp teeth across my finger. It didn't hurt or even break the skin but there was a slight red line like a barely there scrape. I was losing it and wanted to go and ask her if her dog had been vaccinated for rabies but ended up deciding that I'd rather sit with my fear than go and look like a total paranoid weirdo to my neighbor lol. I'm so socially awkward, I couldn't bring myself to do that. Fast forward about 7 months and both me and the dog are still here. I know how bad OCD sucks (especially when it focuses on insanely rare and deadly illnesses) but you're going to be fine. If the dogs owner is responsible, the puppy will have been vaccinated. Even if the dog isn't vaccinated, the probability of it having rabies is virtually zero. You're okay, I promise.

Thankfully the dog came back the next week and was still its adorable self. Sadly when I was patrolling the trailer yard at work (think of the worst maintained road you’d ever and add 30-50 Diesel engines all blaring at once while walk up and down each one with a tablet computer) I felt something bump my neck, I’m not really in an ocd state about it yet but I know the ninja bat fear is coming.

Every time I think I’m out they pull me back in…

I’ll get over it again but damn it’s a pain in the ass. Also trailer yards suck and Diesel engines suck even more, though now that I think about it they likely would keep the bats away even the ninja variety

Addendum: I hate my job because both shifts I work make seeing anyone outside the ER impossible and I don’t get sick leave so I basically have to sit and suffer because going to the ER over this would be stupid and expensive…
    Last edited by Inspector javert; 21-05-22 at 02:42.

Ok good news bad news time: I’m currently over my fear about the ninja bat, but it’s been replaced by fear of a ninja cat.

I went to pet my dads dog and the little guy scratched me up pretty good in his excitement at getting pets, 99.9999999999999999% chance that he’s been vaccinated and he spends most of his time in a pen anyway.

Now my crazy brain is telling me that the scratch may have come from a feral cat that wanders into our yard now and then. I know I would remember if I had encountered the cat but right now I’m in a constant state of worry and my anxiety has moved on from asking for my CDs after I die and now wants my PlayStation (the answer is no I’ll be buried with before I let my anxiety access my RDR2 save).

Just needed to vent a bit While I wait for my August 8th appointment with a shrink. Thanks for putting up with me.

Ok good news bad news time: I’m currently over my fear about the ninja bat, but it’s been replaced by fear of a ninja cat.

I went to pet my dads dog and the little guy scratched me up pretty good in his excitement at getting pets, 99.9999999999999999% chance that he’s been vaccinated and he spends most of his time in a pen anyway.

Now my crazy brain is telling me that the scratch may have come from a feral cat that wanders into our yard now and then. I know I would remember if I had encountered the cat but right now I’m in a constant state of worry and my anxiety has moved on from asking for my CDs after I die and now wants my PlayStation (the answer is no I’ll be buried with before I let my anxiety access my RDR2 save).

Just needed to vent a bit While I wait for my August 8th appointment with a shrink. Thanks for putting up with me.
    I'm sorry you struggle with this. I have OCD and I know the kind of crazy crap our brains can come up with - but I love your humour!!

Alas, I'm not a gamer. Not even close. (ask my lads)

They still bust a gut laughing over the memory of me playing Sonic the Hedgehog (when it first came out). Apparently I move about a lot?

Also, I recently broke my youngest gamer boy by playing one of his driving games. I'd always warned him how bad I was and he thrust a controller into my hand saying, 'How bad can you be, Mum?'

His face was a picture as I hit every wall, every house, every pedestrian, and every other car. I drove backwards for the majority of the time, and when I managed to make contact with tarmac it was on the wrong side of the road..

Little bugger videoed me and sent it to his brothers.

So you can keep your PlayStation, it's your CDs I'm after.

Re feral cat..

You know it's a case of your brain not accepting what the eyes have seen (or not seen). You're fine.

All the best with therapy..

P.s thanks for the laugh.

This is the worry that never ends
    Yes it goes on and on my friends
    Some people started thinking it not knowing f what it was…

So here’s the next chapter in my story. I went to feed my parents dog in his pen when I got home from midnight shift. Reached down into the bag to get the food out and felt a bit of a scratch on my arm as I did. The next day I found something had fallen out of the cabinet the dog food was kept in as if it had been knocked over.

Cue rabies aniexty because my mom thought she heard something in the cabinet a few nights ago. What if it was a bat or a rat that scratched or bit me (instead of just the feeling the dog food bag on my arm)?

Looks like another few day-weeks of worrying for me

So here’s the next chapter in my story. I went to feed my parents dog in his pen when I got home from midnight shift. Reached down into the bag to get the food out and felt a bit of a scratch on my arm as I did. The next day I found something had fallen out of the cabinet the dog food was kept in as if it had been knocked over.
    So the ragingly obvious reason here is that you scratched your arm on the bag. I've done it countless times (which is why I now put the pooch's food in a tin) but it was late, and you have OCD so your mind is making more of this than it needs to..

Cue rabies aniexty because my mom thought she heard something in the cabinet a few nights ago.
    Key word here; thought. (No visual sightings, and I take it - no other 'tell-tale' signs of critter cupboard invasion?)

What if it was a bat or a rat that scratched or bit me (instead of just the feeling the dog food bag on my arm)?
    What if it was just the feeling of the dog food bag on my arm (instead of me imagining it was a bat or a rat)?

Now, about those CDs...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information