Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Completely better now here’s what I went through

Completely better now here’s what I went through

First off I’d like to say thank you to everybody that responded to my initial post in the early days of my Covid infection to most it may look like just words on a screen but to me it meant everything and I really do appreciate it. I guess the point of this post is to list what my symptoms were in the hope that it might help somebody currently going through it especially if you are scared. First day I developed a bit of a cough nothing too crazy but certainly noticeable, day 2 the cough worsened and I woke up with the worst sore throat I’ve had in a long time, day 3 I just felt a bit crappy the cough was still there, day 4 much of the same too be honest wasn’t better snd it wasn’t worse, day 5 all of the above but now I felt really tired and lethargic I was sleeping through the day more than usual and I had a slightly tight chest, all of the days after this everything got progressively better and I sit here in what is it day 8 I think and last night I slept for 11 hours and the reason I slept 8 hours is down to one thing PANIC I was beside myself and wasn’t sleeping properly through the night and I was merely catching up. the point of this post is mostly to try and help people and tell them the panic was the worst aspect of my infection. If you have this don’t make the same mistakes as me and overthink it or panic too much with it. Easier said than done but you really have to try I can’t begin to explain how much panicking makes it worse not only does it make you worse during your infection but once your infection is gone you’re left with an enormous anxiety that is difficult to get rid of. Panic was worse than Covid for me. Good luck everybody take care

Re: Completely better now here’s what I went through

I think this is a wonderfully helpful and insightful post and I'm really glad that you started a thread on this topic, davey. Really good to hear that you are doing well too. How is your dad?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I think this is a wonderfully helpful and insightful post and I'm really glad that you started a thread on this topic, davey. Really good to hear that you are doing well too. How is your dad?
    Hi pulisa he made a complete full recovery as well we all feel incredibly thankful and fortunate thank you so much for asking 😊

Great news! I'm a wrinkly too and we are tough as old boots! Now you've both got covid out the way and have built up a whole load of lovely antibodies!

Oh dear... have a bit of a cough and a sore throat forming

LFT says 'no' so far...

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Oh dear... have a bit of a cough and a sore throat forming

LFT says 'no' so far...
    Me too 😢

Thanks for sharing your experience. It should be helpful for everyone. Glad you’re doing better.
    Pamplemouse and Nancy, it’s possible you both have a cold and not covid, so don’t panic. I know it’s a lot easier said than done. Hang in there.

Thank you for sharing!

Im in day 7-8 now. Feeling extremely anxious because I keep overthinking my breathing. To the point where last night i couldn’t sleep because of the fear I wouldn’t be able to breathe. My chest felt tight and my back was hurting, but I think it’s from me stressing about it because I didn’t have any breathing problems prior to starting to read things on google.

So far only congestion, post nasal drip, and cough left. But I’m still experiencing anxiety about breathing.

Do you think after 7-8 days we have passed the worse of it and we don’t need to worry about things getting bad?

Quote Originally Posted by anxious_thoughts View Post
    Thank you for sharing!

Im in day 7-8 now. Feeling extremely anxious because I keep overthinking my breathing. To the point where last night i couldn’t sleep because of the fear I wouldn’t be able to breathe. My chest felt tight and my back was hurting, but I think it’s from me stressing about it because I didn’t have any breathing problems prior to starting to read things on google.

So far only congestion, post nasal drip, and cough left. But I’m still experiencing anxiety about breathing.

Do you think after 7-8 days we have passed the worse of it and we don’t need to worry about things getting bad?
    Yeah from what I’ve read up on and as far as I can tell most people are at least feeling some sort of progression by around that timeframe. Of course everybody is different but if after 7 or 8 days if we’re feeling better I’d say there’s a strong chance we’ll be alright

Quote Originally Posted by StephA View Post
    Thanks for sharing your experience. It should be helpful for everyone. Glad you’re doing better.
    Pamplemouse and Nancy, it’s possible you both have a cold and not covid, so don’t panic. I know it’s a lot easier said than done. Hang in there.
    Thank you Steph appreciate it 😊

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information