Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Completely better now here’s what I went through

Re: Completely better now here’s what I went through

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Oh dear... have a bit of a cough and a sore throat forming

LFT says 'no' so far...
    I took around 8 LFT’s throughout the whole process all negative also I think they can be hit and miss. Best too book a PCR in my experience

Quote Originally Posted by davey2k17 View Post
    Yeah from what I’ve read up on and as far as I can tell most people are at least feeling some sort of progression by around that timeframe. Of course everybody is different but if after 7 or 8 days if we’re feeling better I’d say there’s a strong chance we’ll be alright
    I really hope to God! I keep overthinking the worst. But I need to start thinking more positively because it’s making me very depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by anxious_thoughts View Post
    I really hope to God! I keep overthinking the worst. But I need to start thinking more positively because it’s making me very depressed.
    I think you’ll be fine honestly you’re quite deep into it now it’s mostly all in the power of thought with Covid and anxiety sufferers it’s a horrible thing to have to go through I know and it’s easy people to just say “don’t panic” when the reality is it’s much much more difficult than to just “stop” panicking but from my experience the panic is the main driving force it exasperates everything ten fold and it can be difficult to get out of. I bought a pulse oximiter not sure if that’s how it is spelt (lol) but that helped me no end for that instant piece of mind they are reasonably cheap on Amazon I paid about £15 ish and it arrived the following day. Look for NHS approved or FDA if you’re in the US because there’s a lot of rubbish out there but just knowing my oxygen levels were ok really did keep me going. Like if I’m getting a 97 reading on that device whilst I’m in a panic then I know I’m probably ok oxygen and breathing wise

Quote Originally Posted by anxious_thoughts View Post
    This thread or my inbox are always open. If you feel like your struggling feel free to message either here or privately and I’ll help the best I can. Even if you just need somebody to listen. I was as scared as you are currently and I know it’s absolutely not nice at all

Quote Originally Posted by davey2k17 View Post
    This thread or my inbox are always open. If you feel like your struggling feel free to message either here or privately and I’ll help the best I can. Even if you just need somebody to listen. I was as scared as you are currently and I know it’s absolutely not nice at all
    Thank you so much! I really appreciate it a lot.
    Im currently doing a bit better, but trying to keep my mind busy as much as possible so I don’t start worrying about my breathing. When it’s busy I don’t even thinking about it.

I was able to finally take a long decent shower today without being scared of fainting or something. I feel like that’s so much progress! Currently in a good state of mind. Hoping it carries on like this and I continue getting better. I hope the same for you!

That sounds like great progress! Really well done on having that lovely shower and facing your perceived fears....Try and keep that positive mood and don't go anywhere near google because you know what happens inevitably when you do and it will sabotage your recovery both mentally and physically.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    That sounds like great progress! Really well done on having that lovely shower and facing your perceived fears....Try and keep that positive mood and don't go anywhere near google because you know what happens inevitably when you do and it will sabotage your recovery both mentally and physically.
    Thank you Pulisa!! Yeah it’s been getting better, slowly but surely I’ve been trying to avoid google since yesterday and I think it’s helping a lot

That’s fantastic news I’m very glad to hear that you’re feeling a little better 😊

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information