Thread: Anybody wash with Clinique soap bar?

Anybody wash with Clinique soap bar?

Every birthday I get a bar off my mom and it lasts me a year. She's been doing this for about 15 years and it's the only soap that I wash my face with.

But she some how discovered that the soap fixes acne, or a least for me. The soap seems to dry my face, which is otherwise oily. If I wash with any other soap my acne comes back.

What is the ingredient in the soap that does this?

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: Anybody wash with Clinique soap bar?

Hi Wired,

I don’t use soap on my face, but I think your one must be specially formulated for facial use. How lucky to get some Clinique every Christmas!

I’m not sure which one you have, so not sure what the active ingredients are, but you could always try Googling the name of the soap & “active ingredients” to find out what it is that’s helping it work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish Clinique worked for me, it actually makes me break out more. The only one I’ve found that works is I think by Johnson and Johnson, called “continuous control acne cleanser”. It’s the only one that keeps the breakouts away! I’m glad Clinique works for you!

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    I wish Clinique worked for me, it actually makes me break out more. The only one I’ve found that works is I think by Johnson and Johnson, called “continuous control acne cleanser”. It’s the only one that keeps the breakouts away! I’m glad Clinique works for you!
    The Clinique 3 step acne system was the only thing that sort of worked for me, but honestly the only thing that really kicked my acne was Accutane.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    The Clinique 3 step acne system was the only thing that sort of worked for me, but honestly the only thing that really kicked my acne was Accutane.
    I tried that too, along with Proactive back when it was supposed to be the best thing out there lol. I’m not complaining because the J&J product that works for me is super cheap haha - so I suppose it’s a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    I tried that too, along with Proactive back when it was supposed to be the best thing out there lol. I’m not complaining because the J&J product that works for me is super cheap haha - so I suppose it’s a good thing
    I used Proactiv for YEARS. Eventually I got too lazy to use part 2 and 3 and I would give the astringent to my friend in college, haha.

Hi, Wired.
    I stopped using regular soap on my face when I noticed that the skin on my face was becoming too dry. Now I use only soaps with all natural ingredients because they are the only ones that keep my skin hydrated and do not cause any type of acne or rash. They contain lower pH levels and are much less irritating for the skin.
    Unfortunately, I have never used Clinique soaps and cannot say anything about the quality. But I would still suggest you be more attentive towards the solutions you use on your face skin. If something has been wrong for a long time, it is better to talk to a dermatologist to find a concrete reason.
    Last edited by cristiking; 31-03-22 at 12:14.

Thread Information