Thread: Talk to me about hormonal bleeding

Talk to me about hormonal bleeding

Hi all so for the past week from cycle day 21 I’ve been having strange discharge with blood not all the time just maybe once or twice when I wipe and not a lot either, sometimes I have to look pretty hard (with flash light 🙈 I know I shouldn’t !!! ) to notice it . Cycle 27 I had more than usual and since cycle day 28 and today cycle day 29 it’s like the end of a left over period. My periods these few years range any thing from 26 days onwards.
    I had a clear ultrasound in 2019 and smear in 2019. The last time I had sex was on 26 the December and there was no bleeding and this started on the 30th December so I’m not connecting it.
    So I rang my gp today and she said as I’m entering my 40th year my hormones going to be dipping etc and this is quiet Normal to bleed like this as in not normal to carry on with it but normal at my age to get such symptoms.
    So she ordered a whole load of homornal bloods test thyroid ferritin fbc and hab1c.
    I am surprised she didn’t tell me to come jn to check my cervix or abdomen and straight away started going through the hormonal route. Tbh I do trust the gp she knows all about my health anxiety and knows how to deal with me. But it’s still left me with if …..she even laughed when I said do you think I’ve got womb cancer and she told me also not to worry at end of call.
    My question is do hormones really play such a big factor that it causes bleeding like this I’m on my 9th day and it’s very light spotting but it’s still there? Has any body else had this because of hormones ? I’m just thinking should I have pushed her for a examination or an ultrasound I’m thinking 2019 is quiet far back now 😥 the joys of having health anxiety !!! She said after bloods I need to book in for a review so will do that

Re: Talk to me about hormonal bleeding

Ok so …. I was spotting free for a week and then bam cycle day 36 instead of a period I spotted for a few hours and again nothing !!! It feels like my period is trying to come but can’t or something else is occurring … does anyone know if this is hormone realted, then lack of which hormone would give these so of symptoms, my doctors ordered androgens thyroid FSH lH and hab1ac. I’m just so confused I’ve been spotting here abs there since cycle day 21 but no period !!!

Thread Information