Thread: Colonoscopy tomorrow ... anxiety through the roof

Colonoscopy tomorrow ... anxiety through the roof

Hi
    am going in for a colonoscopy tomorrow....😬 Can’t tell you how nervous I am! Just had brekky which I struggled to get down due to anxiety, (normally eat like a horse!) but I can’t eat any more solids till after the procedure so I forced it down! Due to start prep around 5pm.. Dreading all of it, just wish it was lunchtime tomorrow! Has anyone any reassurances for me please? No horror stories please I couldn’t cope 😭 I’m having this done due to a few tummy issues over the last 18 months, CT scan revealed signs of diverticulosis, a scope was arranged but I cancelled(how I wish I’d gone then!) So here I am again, kinda knew I’d have to do it eventually.
    Thanks in advance
    Jillybean 😘

Re: Colonoscopy tomorrow ... anxiety through the roof

The worst part is the cleansing... They'll give you the good drugs prior and you won't feel or remember a thing

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks for your reply! Sadly part of my anxiety lies with medication also... ! In the UK you can have a sedative or just entonox, I’m hoping to manage with just the entonox.... but well we’ll see! A control thing I think ��

I have mine next week. Hope all goes well. The procedure itself is not that bad but the days prior do suck for us anxiety folks

Hi
    thank you for your reassurance, hearing from people who’ve been through it before does help! I’m isolating for the 3 days prior (as is the hospitals policy during covid), can’t tell you how much I wish I was at work being busy! I feel I’ve been shut inside and told ‘Sit in that room and wait for 3 days!’ Obviously there’s stuff I can get on with but the anxiety doesn’t let me, I did go for a walk actually yesterday, I was crawling the walls! And sleep is ok but then... bang! It’s back when you wake. Covids certainly done a number on plenty of people. Hope your procedure goes well too, if it was sprung upon us I’m sure we’d cope better! ��

Just started the prep..... revolting!!! ��

ahah it really is.

Hope all went well.

Hi
    all went well with the procedure, anyone facing this please know that it’s totally doable! I opted for just entonox, no sedation and was able to go home within the hour. The anxiety I felt leading up to this was excruciating, all fed by the unknown and imagination. The bowel prep was the worst part by far! Thanks all
    Jillybean

Glad to hear! Yay.

I was suppose to have mine yesterday but then Wednesday was not feeling great, took a covid test and low and behold, positive so now its scheduled for the 8th of Feb.

I had a sigmoidoscopy years ago and the prep was awful.

Thread Information