Hello I've been working at a loud factory for 7 years and wearing earplugs for 12hr shifts. I got impacted earwax in both ears which caused awful tinnitus and had to have them syringed. I was so panicked by the onset of loud tinnitus that it really messed me up. Long story short, the syringing worked to stop the loud ringing waking me at night but for 2 months now I have had hyperacusis (sound sensitivity) and mild tinnitus.

My anxiety and panic has been so bad for 3 months I have been in a real mess.

The tinnitus is getting gradually better and so is the hyperacusis but I feel like I have been through the most terrible of traumas and it's left me feeling like a complete shell. I'm fearful of loud noises now, scared my tinnitus will get worse, scared the hyperacusis gets worse and that I will be housebound...

All in the face of actual improvement I am thinking these thoughts. My mind is so negative that it will find anything to tell me I'm going to go backwards. Today I went to a pub thinking my hyperacusis is on its way to being gone, all it took was some friends to laugh loudly and it felt very loud in my ears. I had to leave soon after. Spent the rest of the day trying to find assurance that I hadn't just ruined my hearing.

It looks like I'm suffering distorted thinking and it's making mincemeat of me it really is.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk