Thread: I think I swallowed a large piece of plastic?

I think I swallowed a large piece of plastic?

There was a seal on the lid of my bottle of squeezy Maribel honey and I was getting ready to put it in my tea yesterday. The seal pinged off when I opened it with my nail and I didn't see where it fell. It was quite a long (maybe 4-cm by 1cm) rectangular hard piece of plastic seal. It has sharp corners but isn't pointed thankfully.

I THOUGHT I heard it fall on the ground so I thought it would be okay, but when I looked yesterday after drinking my tea I didn't see it anywhere.

I'm scared it fell in my tea (it was milky so I couldn't see it) and I told myself okay I'll just sip it slowly and make sure I don't swallow anything if it did fall into it. Of course being an idiot I drank the tea a bit absent mindedly in gulpfuls and only remembered afterwards.

This was yesterday and I didn't feel anything going down, I don't feel anything stuck, and I don't have any pain but I'm still paranoid I might have swallowed it.

X ray doesn't even show up plastic and I don't even know if I swallowed it (I really think I would have noticed something that big) bit still I keep worrying it might perforate my bowels or worse. I can't sleep and am panicking and hyper vigilant about every tiny pain. I even ate loads of bread just to push anything down.
    Last edited by sunbun; 14-01-22 at 03:56.

Re: I think I swallowed a large piece of plastic?

It was quite large, I'm sure you would have felt it going down.

Thread Information