Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: new here looking for some advice please

Re: new here looking for some advice please

Quote Originally Posted by kezza1988 View Post
    i was disappointed when he said 25 mg because everywhere i read people are on 300 or 450mg and i’m only on lowest dose
    I don't get it either. Provided kidney disease is not a factor the NICE guideline recommends starting on 150mg split over 2-3 doses daily and increasing by the same amount until an effective dose is reached to a maximum 600mg/day. I'd suggest starting on only 75mg/day in 2-3 divided doses increasing by 75mg after 4-7 days and following the same routine for any dose increases. An extra 25mg would barely register in the brain. Some doctors seem to be bigger pill phobics than even their most anxious patients.

he said i need the talking therapy more than anything
    Perhaps, but what are you supposed to do while you're waiting for an appointment with a therapist and the time it will take for the therapy to take effect? Sigh!

i know i have no other health problems im 33 ive been on the increase of 25mg nearly 2 weeks not sure i feel a difference my GP said i can increase when i want to how long would you give each dose increase to see if it helps? thankyou

ive been on the increase of 25mg nearly 2 weeks not sure i feel a difference my GP said i can increase when i want to how long would you give each dose increase to see if it helps? thankyou
    If the extra 25mg was going to make a significant difference it would have done so by now. I'd give a dose increase 5-7 days to show what it can do. An improvement will often become apparent before that.

i’ve given it 3 weeks and can’t see a big difference so going to ask to go up to 200mg a day i was just wondering if you know if sugar is bad for anxiety?

i’ve given it 3 weeks and can’t see a big difference so going to ask to go up to 200mg a day
    If the extra 25mg was going to make a difference it would have done so within a week. Imo, you should be aiming for 300mg/day increasing the current dose by 50-75mg every 5-7 days.

i was just wondering if you know if sugar is bad for anxiety?
    The claim that sugar caused, or exacerbated anxiety was popular about 25 years ago, but the research didn't really support the hypothesis though it hasn't stopped some continuing to promote it. It may have some negative effect on the gut-brain axis, but this is a complex subject with science has only recently begun exploring in earnest so I don't think anyone can really say, atm. I doubt it is one of 'the' causes, but may have some effect in concert with a host of others.

However, sugar is problematic and best consumed very sparingly. I stopped using it decades ago and won't eat any processed foods containing more than 4-5% and not much of them.

i know that’s what it says in the BNF guidelines so i don’t understand why psychiatrist is saying to increase by 25mg and see how i go? im guessing it’s a powerful drug and their being careful with me thankyou for your reply i appreciate it

i know that’s what it says in the BNF guidelines so i don’t understand why psychiatrist is saying to increase by 25mg and see how i go?
    That's something you need to ask him.

im guessing it’s a powerful drug and their being careful with me thankyou for your reply i appreciate it
    It isn't that powerful. It was originally developed to control epileptic seizures, but these days it is mostly prescribed for nerve pain in the elderly.

he discharged me after i saw him from community mental health services so now i’m just on 200mg pregabalin and 30mg mirtazapine he said i can self refer again if i need them still have such bad anxiety and get so distressed with overthinking i’m seeing a counsellor just hoping things will get better thankyou for your replies i appreciate it

he discharged me after i saw him from community mental health services so now i’m just on 200mg pregabalin and 30mg mirtazapine he said i can self refer again if i need them still have such bad anxiety and get so distressed with overthinking
    So you were discharged despite still experiencing severe anxiety and distress?

i’m seeing a counsellor just hoping things will get better
    They will. Seeing a counsellor, hopefully experienced in anxiety disorders, is a good move, imo.

thankyou for your replies i appreciate it

hi the last few days i am getting much worse my mind won’t leave me alone constant negative thoughts i am getting so distressed i’ve had to take diazepam some evenings and the stress of work is making it worse i don’t know what to do anymore i feel like no one can help me and i feel like ending my life when i get in these states. my counsellor this week said she thinks i may have borderline personality disorder but i looked it up and that seems extreme my mum is very concerned and wants me to self refer back to the community mental health but i can only imagine the waiting list will be so long :(

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information