Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: new here looking for some advice please

Re: new here looking for some advice please

Quote Originally Posted by kezza1988 View Post
    what does runs on the board mean?
    That other ADs have a longer history and been taken by far more people.

i just give up i feel like i’m just surviving every day not living a normal life feel like my brain is just completely broken and it’s just getting worse again
    Then the crisis team need to treat this now. Have you told them how bad you're doing at the moment? If not do so asap, please. Also, have you had any success finding a CBT, REBT, or mindfulness therapist?

when i was discharged by community team in january the psychiatrist said to phone the emergency number to get quickly referred back it took them 5 days to call me back today they’ve referred me back to them and been told to ring the crisis team if i need them while i’m waiting but i’ve been through all this before last year it takes so long to get an appt at the community team that you end up in crisis again 2 weeks of being given diazepam and colouring in i don’t wanna go through that again i have covid atm or i would of gone to a&e the other day it was that unbearable i just want them to give me a proper diagnosis and the rights meds this has been going on since july last year

im still with the same counsellor i asked her not to go through my past but give me techniques for anxiety depression now which she has done and i even joined the gym but i’ve declined these last couple weeks getting really distressed

i just want them to give me a proper diagnosis and the rights meds this has been going on since july last year
    Unfortunately, there are no diagnostic tests to accurately determine which med, or combination of meds are likely to be the most effective treatment. It all comes down to trial and error and that can be a longish process exacerbated in your case by the delays in appointments.

I can only suggest you work hard on the therapy techniques your are now being taught and keep badgering the community team to get the help you need.

i have covid atm
    This could be a factor in the severity of your condition. Anxiety disorders and depression arguably result from a type of auto-immune disease and they often flare when our immune system is in overdrive fighting infections.

i never felt recovered last few months at all really struggled but a week before i covid i started feeling really tired and started getting really distressed im negative now but feel worse and have to go back to work tomorrow the community aren’t phoning me until thursday i hope their not gonna suggest increasing mirtazapine to 45mg all that will make me do is be more hungry and not sleep as well

i hope their not gonna suggest increasing mirtazapine to 45mg all that will make me do is be more hungry and not sleep as well
    Given your depression has worsened over the ~3 months you've been on 30mg mirtazapine the chances of a higher dose working would be slim, imo. There are ADs with better track records.

that’s what i think he suggested it last time i said my anxiety was still severe i said no because it will just make me more hungry so he just increased my pregabalin i don’t know what they could give me as i’m sensitive to side effects because the mirtazapine helps me eat and sleep do you think they might suggest adding on another antidepressant?

i have to wait at least another 2 weeks for an appointment with the community mental health by then im sure il be back in crisis

i’m sensitive to side effects because the mirtazapine helps me eat and sleep do you think they might suggest adding on another antidepressant?
    There is no pharmacological reason why you couldn't take a SSRI, SNRI, or TCA as the primary AD and mirtazapine just for weight and insomnia, but my reading of UK GPs is that few would agree, plus their computer system will, wrongly, flag serotonin syndrome as a serious interaction. Mirtazapine does not have enough affect on serotonin pathways to trigger serotonin syndrome when combined with a serotonergic AD, but despite the best efforts of syndrome experts, the misinformation persists. You might be able to get a prescription for trazodone which has a very good record for insomnia, but it probably won't help weight gain.

my problem is i seen to get bad side effects i can’t sleep because of my severe anxiety when i start on new tablets and i always seem to get worse on them and have suicidal ideation at first so i think that’s why they put me on mirtazapine i have managed to get a private psychiatrist appointment 7th april so hopefully she can suggest something for me how are you?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information