Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HA breast relapse

HA breast relapse

Hi, I posted a few months ago about a stain I found on one side of my pyjama top, right where the nipple would be, it looked like a blob of water but it never dried so I immediately assumed my nipple was leaking. I monitored and found nothing until now, 8 months later, when it's just happened again, I've found another patch on my top. It's less than 1 cm circle, I've made a doc appointment because I'm in a panic. I've squeezed and squeezed my breast/nipple and I cant get anything to come out. I cant feel any lumps, no redness or dimpling or anything else, I dont know whether its coming from my breast or if I've spilt something and not noticed. I'm just in a massive panic. I had an ultrasound on that breast 14 months ago too as I seem to be obsessed with it.

Re: HA breast relapse

- Also in July last year my GP did a quick breast exam for me as I was in a panic then too about not knowing what to look for. I had full bloods too.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/nipple-discharge/

Its a one-off (last time was once 8 months ago - thats nothing concerning), and can be very common indeed.

Thank you Carys, I think the anxiety has been triggered by a work colleague telling me about how her daughter has been diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer only two years older than me at nearly 39. I'm 37, I was doing really well until that, I was staying away from Everthing that sparked things off again, had a lovely Xmas, until I was more or less trapped in the loo's with her, her husband has cancer and she has had it too, I couldn't leave as I was being nice and listening to her etc and couldn't just walk off and be ignorant even though I knew this would trigger my brain.

Doesn't help when the lady I work with also had pagets disease of the breast too when she was 38.

Easy to see how that could be a trigger, but there certainly would be other many symptoms visually and physically showing after 8 months.

I know you're right, I read posts on here and you can see how people's thoughts go from 0-100 within minutes but when you're in the midst of it you can't see it at all and things are very real. If only I hadn't have needed a wee at that moment I wouldn't have heard the triggering info, except I can't ignore people and I cant stop going to the loo at work! I've been so well for 7/8 months, I feel so cross with myself I've let it take over.

i also would suggest the CBT counselling thread on here, im just going onto workbook 3 after 1 week and i can see a tremendous difference in my health anxiety xx

I've tried actual CBT twice before and found it hard work to understand and use but I may give it a try, maybe doing it in my own home may help. It's very difficult to separate real symptoms that need to be looked at and your mind taking it too far though x

I'm now sleeping in a light grey coloured crop top and wearing it throughout the day as I obsessively monitor anything that may or may not come out of my nipple

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information