Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lymph Node or Ingrown/Cyst??

Re: Lymph Node or Ingrown/Cyst??

idk what to do… am I worrying for nothing? is it a cyst? if it is an ingrown cyst, why isn’t it going away or improving? it’s been three days

It may just be taking awhile to go away, and if you are messing with it it will take even longer. Imagine you have a cut on your finger - it isn't going to be totally healed in three days, and if you prod it, it will certainly take longer to heal.

Even if it were a lymph node (which it does not sound like), that alone isn't harmful. They are supposed to swell up like that in response to, really, a hundred thousand things.

The only way out of this is to give yourself a plan of attack: leave it alone for one week, then reassess. If you are still worried, ask a doctor. In the meantime, do whatever you can think of to distract yourself.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

It’s still not going away… I’m freaking myself out. I’m not sure if it’s smaller I just don’t know anymore. why does this always happen to me

Okay, but you posted yesterday. The thread itself was only started Monday. It is not uncommon for it to take a week for these things to go away, and it probably is getting smaller, your anxious mind just can't register it.

It's not going to be easy, but you need to acknowledge that this isn't something that will harm you within even the next week, even on the insane chance that it were harmful at all. You have to find a way to combat your anxiety and get out of your head. It's really hard with the pandemic, but can you do anything to take your mind off of it? Maybe go for a walk, or visit with friends? Maybe setup like a Zoom party or something?
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

So it's been one week and it's still there. I feel like it's getting smaller, but not smaller fast enough. Should I give it another week? It also feels like smaller now, like a very tiny small pea and it feels soft. Im still worried.... wish it would end and go away

Quote Originally Posted by tsmc223 View Post
    So it's been one week and it's still there. I feel like it's getting smaller, but not smaller fast enough. Should I give it another week? It also feels like smaller now, like a very tiny small pea and it feels soft. Im still worried.... wish it would end and go away
    I’ve included a picture here: https://imgur.com/5od4w0Y

Please somebody :(

Dude... leave it alone and let it heal!

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Dude... leave it alone and let it heal!

FMP
    but why does it feel HUGE to me? It feels like a ball under the skin. are lymph nodes attached/fixed to the top layer of skin? how do i know its nothing bad... Im going to a doctors appointment Friday and Im terrified. I can roll it between my fingers and it feels like a tiny pea. Not attached to anything other than the skin. No tubes. Nothing. Is this just a cyst???

I am spiraling again. I just read an article how this person thought they had an ingrown hair but it was melanoma. Im freaking out. I can't live in constant worry anymore.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information