Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lymph Node or Ingrown/Cyst??

Re: Lymph Node or Ingrown/Cyst??

When you see the doctor could you discuss your HA with them?

In the meantime, please don't google and leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    When you see the doctor could you discuss your HA with them?

In the meantime, please don't google and leave it alone.
    Could messing it cause to swell more and/or prevent it from healing or getting smaller? I'm pretty sure I've touched it and squeezed at least once a day. I'm so nervous and wish It would just go away.

Yes, messing with it will keep it from healing. Imagine you have a cut on your finger. Instead of leaving it alone and putting a bandaid on it, you spend hours daily sticking a Q-tip in it and prodding at it. Do you think it will heal quickly, or keep opening up and potentially get worse?

You admitted it's getting smaller. Lymph nodes, when inflamed, will get smaller - but if they are inflamed for a bad reason, like cancer, they wouldn't. And again, lots of things can cause lymph nodes to go up (although from your picture that definitely looks like an ingrown hair).

If you think you need to see a doctor, please do so, but also please discuss your HA. I am surely not the best to give advice because my posts will show you that I too still struggle with HA, but several years ago I did get medical help and it's night and day what it used to be. Far less extreme panic attacks, and the episodes I do have don't last months like they used to.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    Yes, messing with it will keep it from healing. Imagine you have a cut on your finger. Instead of leaving it alone and putting a bandaid on it, you spend hours daily sticking a Q-tip in it and prodding at it. Do you think it will heal quickly, or keep opening up and potentially get worse?

You admitted it's getting smaller. Lymph nodes, when inflamed, will get smaller - but if they are inflamed for a bad reason, like cancer, they wouldn't. And again, lots of things can cause lymph nodes to go up (although from your picture that definitely looks like an ingrown hair).

If you think you need to see a doctor, please do so, but also please discuss your HA. I am surely not the best to give advice because my posts will show you that I too still struggle with HA, but several years ago I did get medical help and it's night and day what it used to be. Far less extreme panic attacks, and the episodes I do have don't last months like they used to.
    I thought it was getting smaller, but Im not even sure anymore. But maybe it's an ingrown hair that left a cyst that'll take time to heal. I just don't know anymore and its eating me up alive! It's so crippling that I can't even enjoy going on social media or watching something fun or even really hanging out with friends. If it was an infection, why hasn't it really improved... its been like 9 days now. Although I will say there are times I have spent almost an hour squeezing it and poking it.

I have an appointment scheduled for Friday but I'm still quite nervous for it. Here's another picture of it, you can see it looks like a pea sized bump if I pull it to the other side, but that could also be more prominent because there's no fat in that area. Idk <picture removed by admin>
    Last edited by nomorepanic; 25-01-22 at 20:08.

Well my doctor's appointment is tomorrow and I am so nervous. I really hope she is able tell me what it is, and that it's just something minor like a cyst/ingrown hair. I hope they don't have to do any testing but I am sooo beyond nervous.

It's still not gone yet but again it feels attached to the skin? Does that sound like a lymph node!?

I am beyond nervous.... I just want this to end. I'm hoping my doctor agrees that it's a cyst or ingrown hair or something minor. Im praying so much.

Okay so I saw my doctor today and explained how I've had it for about a week and a half. She felt it and said it was an ingrown hair / cyst. She was sure it wasn't serious or a lymph node. Although I was relieved to hear that, I just want to know why a cyst would be here still and not going away. She did explain that it could stay for a while or even not go away at all. Which freaked me out because why WOULDNT it go away. Anyway, I'm going to leave it alone now since she's not worried about it. I did see her feel and roll it around. She was not concerned. Should I just trust her and let go of the worry? I even asked "So it's not a lymph node or concerning" And she replied, "Nope! Not at all."

Quote Originally Posted by tsmc223 View Post
    Okay so I saw my doctor today and explained how I've had it for about a week and a half. She felt it and said it was an ingrown hair / cyst. She was sure it wasn't serious or a lymph node. Although I was relieved to hear that, I just want to know why a cyst would be here still and not going away. She did explain that it could stay for a while or even not go away at all. Which freaked me out because why WOULDNT it go away. Anyway, I'm going to leave it alone now since she's not worried about it. I did see her feel and roll it around. She was not concerned. Should I just trust her and let go of the worry? I even asked "So it's not a lymph node or concerning" And she replied, "Nope! Not at all."
    As expected!

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Absolutely, let it go, stop poking and prodding it, and in the meantime try to work on ways to combat your anxiety for when this situation happens again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information