Thread: Rabies fears (non bite exposure?)

Rabies fears (non bite exposure?)

Overreaction? You tell me. I'll make this as brief as possible. Was working outside around some vineyards for this family I know. They have 3 large dogs, all whom are vaccinated. One-day, they were playing around the vineyard and came across a coyote in which they chased it around and I'm not really sure if they made physical contact with it. My concern is that what if the coyote had rabies, and that somehow some saliva got onto one of the dogs. Specifically, one of the 3 dogs was sniffing at a pair of my glasses I had left nearby. So what I'm freaking out about is that I'm afraid, that dog got some saliva or something off the coyote and onto my glasses. I've been having somewhat of headaches ever since, I've been feeling a little under the weather. It's been about a week & a half as of this post. This sounds really over the top but I can't seem to shake this off.

Re: Rabies fears (non bite exposure?)

Also I wanna say, I did get the post exposure shots back in mid 2020 due to a German shepherd bite. Fortunately though found out the dog was vaccinated and was clean. Would shots/vaccine still be affective? Been having flu like symptoms, body aches, sore throat, head pain. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Outcast99 View Post
    Overreaction? You tell me.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Outcast99 View Post
    This sounds really over the top....
    It is.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

On the off chance you were exposed in that scenario (your odds of winning powerball are higher), you are still protected by the vaccine. Rabies vaccines last years. I have coworkers who are vaccinated for work, they don’t get boosters, they get titer tested because the vax lasts so long boosters within 5 years or so aren’t necessary.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Yes.

It is.

FMP

It does sound ridiculous, I admit that. I wouldn't be so worried if it weren't for these flu symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    On the off chance you were exposed in that scenario (your odds of winning powerball are higher), you are still protected by the vaccine. Rabies vaccines last years. I have coworkers who are vaccinated for work, they don’t get boosters, they get titer tested because the vax lasts so long boosters within 5 years or so aren’t necessary.

I appreciate the feedback. Like I said, it's just the random onset of symptoms that recently came onto me. I basically feel as if I'm ill with the flu. Which is more logical reason I know. Also, from what I've heard Rabies usually dies within seconds of not being in a host.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    Any way I can PM you poppy??

Thread Information