Thread: Constant stomach knawing

Constant stomach gnawing

Hey all.

just a bit of info needed, just seeing if anyone had my symptoms and turned out to be nothing.
    it’s incredibly difficult to get to my doctors currently, so I’d like a bit of advice , if that’s ok, too.

yes I have health anxiety, it calms and then surges, but I’ve recently got it in to my head that all my worrying and crap food eating over the festive Season has either given me and ulcer or worse made it worse.

Ive had a strange stitch feeling in my lower left rib off and on since about November, thought it was tension or muscular so tired my best to ignore it.
    Over Christmas I had a couple of tummy flare ups that either gave me a gripes feeling or made me feel incredibly sick.
    last week I gobbled my way through a bag of chilli chocolates that I was given and then a spicy lamb dinner, the next morning I tried to eat breakfast and felt incredibly sick and bloated. Since then the nausea has calmed a bit, but I always have a really horrid knawing discomfort in the middle of my tummy. I’ve started taking gaviscon double action and stopped, fatty, spicy, chocolate, tea and coffee for now. I’m drinking camomile and ginger teas.
    I’m so frightened that it’s a in diagnosed ulcer that I’ve left too long.
    ive been terribly anxious almost all of last year. It calmed about around November and I’ve been reasonably ok.
    but this stomach issue is sending me over the edge.

any tips or advice ? Has any one has similar and it went ok or does it sound similar to what you’ve had.

many thanks for reading

Sarah
    Last edited by Mrsriley79; 25-01-22 at 18:28.

http://Instagram.com/made_brightly

Re: Constant stomach knawing

So I’ve been to the doctors again, and he’s given me Omeperzole. Says it’s my stomach and it’s acid related. If I’m not starting to feel better next week when he rings, then he said he’ll run tests.
    im very frightened of having a ulcer or cancer.
    my symptoms are no better in two weeks of cutting down harsh foods and taking gaviscon.

Any one else suffered with this problem ?

Sarah xx

I have bad health anxiety so know how you feel, have you tested for h plyroi? I was getting a squeezing feeling in stomach and bad acid done a stool sample and I have h plyroi

Quote Originally Posted by Nattynoonoo1990xx View Post
    I have bad health anxiety so know how you feel, have you tested for h plyroi? I was getting a squeezing feeling in stomach and bad acid done a stool sample and I have h plyroi

it will be one of my first tests I’m sure. I’ve never suffered any type of stomach trouble. So new to this!

Hello,

Yes this sounds exactly like my stomach problems. I get really bad gas too and heartburn that makes me panic and makes the anxiety worse!
    I have tried gaviscon, changing my diet and Omeprazole and nothing has made it any better. I have had the problems for 6 months now and the doctor is attributing to anxiety as my blood tests have been normal. I spoke to him again yesterday and he is now going to test for H Plyroi and bacteria.
    It's a constant cycle of anxiety because of how my stomach feels and my stomach being worse because of anxiety!

Thread Information