Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Covid 19 and shortness of breath

Re: Covid 19 and shortness of breath

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I don't doubt you're still recovering but you've also cherry picked portions of articles to back your symptoms. There's too much we don't know about the virus and the effects, long term or not and science hasn't been in complete agreement as research is ongoing. With 99% O2 levels, you're fine. As far as the feeling your having? I believe you're hyper-focusing. Add to that, as you said, the fear of the unknown and here you are.

ADDED: I actually just read a new article (your link is from nearly two years ago) in AARP (we get the newsletter and magazine... Yeah, we're old ), and it states quite clearly "We don't yet have a great understanding of what this is, how it occurs and what the treatment should be, I think in 2022, we'll begin to get a handle on those". It did state, and this makes total sense, those who were over 50, had severe illness, were intubated and/or had lung issues prior seem to be those that are being affected by this symptom.

I still think, and I don't doubt you're experiencing this symptom, is that you're hyper-focusing on it due to your anxiety and your anxiety is exasperating the symptom as you've mentioned it waxes and wanes.

FMP
    100% correct.

Re: Covid 19 and shortness of breath

Thank you for everyone’s insight into this topic. I have one more concern though with my breathing. I don’t know why, but the problem seems to be coming back and it worries me that it seems to be disturbing my sleep. Like I’ll sleep, but I’m pretty sure I’ve been scratching myself in my sleep because I’ll wake up with scratch marks on my arms and legs some days, and my blankets are all strewn over my bed. And this morning I woke up like I was catching my breath. And I found an article stating that Covid related sleeping breathing problems could be the first sign of a neurodegenerative disease. :(
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8883039/

If the doesn’t work, you can copy and paste the link and search it. My point is, I feel like this won’t end, and it’ll eventually turn into me not being able to live anymore. Has anyone else had this happen or heard of something like this?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information