Thread: Is this what internal panic or anxiety feels like to you?

Is this what internal panic or anxiety feels like to you?

Hey guys!
    It's actually been a really long time since I've had anxiety and I use to be a full on hypochondriac and whilst it hasn't gone, I still have days. I am finding my anxiety has gone through the roof again and I'm suffering from dizzyness, and when I stand I can feel my heart thump in my chest and I get dizzy.
    I haven't had anxiety for years but does this sound like anxiety?

but I constantly feel like I have high blood pressure I guess? My head is dizzy, I feel out of balance, like I'm watching myself, no motivation - it's all come back - but does it sound like anxiety? I cant' believe i use to feel like this 24/7!!!!

Let me know your thoughts??

I have since edited it to take out about the vax as it’s not about that. I just want help understanding these horrible symptoms
    Last edited by tan235; 20-01-22 at 00:40. Reason: No right what I posted

Re: Is this what internal panic or anxiety feels like to you?

Whilst I'm not here to cajole or belittle you into getting jabbed in any way, as of course it's entirely your choice as to whether or not you do so, but surely there's still the odd chance that other 'medications' might be just as likely to cause undesirable side effects too.

Ditto for certain foods we eat and drinks we drink which can also carry the risk of undesirable reactions, etc.

But most people don't usually give such things as much as a second thought, unless of course they're knowingly directly affected.

If I were you I would personally try to avoid dubious scaremongering stuff circulating online as much as possible, but I know it's easier said than done.

Thank you - I’m discussing it with my dr who has told me to not get it / it’s not about that it’s about the symptoms I’m feeling - I think it’s internal panic but love to hear from others x

Anyone else?

It sounds very like anxiety is the culprit. I can definitely identify with your symptoms, and I could add quite a few more, from my own experience! As a long standing health anxiety sufferer, I envisage mine as an 'anxiety goblin'. It sits on my left shoulder each time it makes an unwelcome appearance. If I'm having a better day, and should forget about my anxiety for a while, it takes great delight in tapping me on the shoulder, reminding me that I ought to be worried, even when I've had medical reassurance that whatever anxiety symptoms I am experiencing - and there are many ; are nothing to worry about.
    It's the constant drip feed of adrenaline which is responsible for these feelings. Over the past umpteen years I have experienced many of these due to anxiety - feeling giddy, off balance, light headed, nauseous, jelly legs, pins and needles, dry mouth, tight band of pressure around my head, fizzy feeling in my nose, itchy skin, a feeling of crawling under my skin or a sensation of my skin being wet, palpitations, shortness of breath, heart pounding out of my chest, lump in my throat, metallic taste, feeling like my blood is draining out of my body from my head down to my toes, numbness, a feeling of unreality... the list goes on. The drip feed of adrenaline is responsible for all these feelings, but the trick is to learn to accept these feelings, understanding that it's only your anxiety tricking you, and then try not to add 'second fear' - that is, the "what if"s, where we focus on a symptom, become more aware of it, convince ourselves it must be something really wrong, inadvertently giving ourselves a surge of adrenaline - which then results in a full blown panic attack - which releases even more anxiety symptoms, and we're off again on that merry go round. Practice letting go. When second fear hits, don't think "oh my goodness, what's this new feeling? That must be something to worry about!" Instead, recognise that it's just that anxiety goblin up to its old tricks again. It can't hurt you. The feelings, no matter how horrible they are, won't hurt you. Once you begin to understand and recognise this, you will gain strength, your anxiety goblin will become weaker, visiting less often, and when it does, you can put it in its place more easily. As my doctor told me many years ago when I spoke about my anxiety disorder, "you're in the big club". You're not alone. You've got this. You're going to be okay.

Thread Information