Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lymphoma

Lymphoma

Hello

My health anxiety has recently come back with a vengeance!

I have eczema at the back of my head in my scalp. For about a year I have had a lymph node on the left side of my neck that goes up and down. Always assumed it was just because of my eczema and I didn't worry.
    However, last week I thought I should get it checked out. I expected the Dr to say it was nothing. But instead he said as it has been there longer then 6 weeks, he's going to refer me for an urgent ultrasound. He really freaked me out!
    I also had my bloods taken and they all came back normal, which he said is really good. But I know that that doesnt mean I don't have cancer!
    When he rung me with the blood test results, he also said he was going to arrange for me to have a chest xray. He said he doesn't think it will show anything but it's procedure. That has scared me even more!
    I'm seeing the ENT on Saturday but I doubt I will get any answers then as I doubt they will do an ultrasound there and then?
    The lymph node I was referred for has gone down a lot in the last week (surprisingly as I've not stopped touching it) but I've now found one the other side! It's in the exact same place but I'm panicking as I don't know how long it's been there as I wasn't checking that side. The Dr did have a quick feel though of that side and didn't say anything but he mainly focused on the side I told him about.
    The new node is bigger then the other side, not bigger then my finger tip though. It does feel hard ish but it moves under my fingers.
    I'm just sure I have lymphoma now as I read that it can spread between lymph nodes so it will be in one and then transfer to another and I read that cancerous lymph nodes will go up and down, I'm so sure I have it!!

My eczema isn't up at the moment and hasn't been bad for a few weeks (the nodes are about 2 inches down from where my eczema usually is, my eczema is near my hair line at the back) and I've had eczema on and off in my scalp for about 10 years and never noticed these nodes before.
    I do have impacted wisdom teeth but they aren't painful at the moment.
    The only thing on the right side is that behind my ear has been dry and sore but it's a lot better now.

I just wanted to know if anyone else had had anything like this. I'm so worried xxx

Re: Lymphoma

Going to reply later..

Just wanted you to know your lymphatic system basically works by your moment, its doing its job to rid body is toxins. Not saying you are having that as you've not been diagnosed yet.

You could check this out.

https://branchbasics.com/blogs/healt...mphatic-system

Hope you feel better soon and good luck with your appointment Saturday.

~Sal

Quote Originally Posted by Scissel73 View Post
    Going to reply later..

Just wanted you to know your lymphatic system basically works by your moment, its doing its job to rid body is toxins. Not saying you are having that as you've not been diagnosed yet.

You could check this out.

https://branchbasics.com/blogs/healt...mphatic-system

Hope you feel better soon and good luck with your appointment Saturday.

~Sal
    Thank you for replying. I will have a read through the link.
    Just so hard not to believe it's something serious xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble1989 View Post
    Thank you for replying. I will have a read through the link.
    Just so hard not to believe it's something serious xxx
    You're welcome - I hope you will feel better soon. Good luck tomorrow and hopefully just inflamed lymph nodes. Try to move and not lay down too much. Perhaps some yoga if you can.

I saw the ENT today and he said he thinks I just have reactive lymph nodes. He's booking me in for an ultrascan to confirm this.
    Don't know why I still feel so worried that he's wrong 🙈

Ultrasound and biopsy

Hello

I posted the other day saying how I have a gland on the left side of my neck (been there about a year and a half or so)
    I have eczema on my scalp and it came up during a particularly bad flare up.
    It did originally come up very painful and large but it hasn't been painful for a while (although does ache sometimes) and it goes up and down, it's currently very small though, smaller then a pea.
    I went to the Dr's 3 weeks ago for this one as its been there so long (it was probably about pea sized when I saw the Dr) and he referred me to the ENT for an ultrasound. He also said I should have a chest xray.
    I also had bloods taken and they all came back clear.
    A few days after this, I was feeling the right side of my neck and I found another node, around the same area as the one on the left. This one is bigger, doesn't hurt, does move and isn't rock hard and it's probably about 1cm but so hard to tell as it's right next to the muscly harder but of the neck.
    I saw the ENT on Saturday and he felt both and said he thinks they're reactive nodes. But I'm not sure if the one on the right is new or old, I don't know how long it's been up.

I got my appointment today for Monday 31st and they said it's for an ultrasound and possible biopsy.
    I'm really panicking and going to be even more panicked if they say I need the biopsy because then surely it means they think its cancer? Xxx

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.
    Thank you. Sorry I should have thought to do that xxx

Don’t panic! Same thing happened to me. One day I was buckling my seatbelt and I felt a lymph node on my clavicle area where they say it’s bad to have lymph nodes. I went to the doctor told me the same thing he straight up told me he thinks I might have that bad thing . I had to go and get ultrasound and blood work chest x-ray all came back normal spoke with multiple providers they say it’s common. I first discovered this in April 2016. I know it’s hard not to panic but it does happen there is such thing as reactive lymph nodes and I have them all over my body in the neck in my groin and in my armpit. I do bloodwork every year and everything comes back normal. I hope this helps. Also I work in the medical field and it’s one of the most common things that I often see ,more often than not everything‘s always normal.

Ps mine also go up and down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Angiee74 View Post
    Don’t panic! Same thing happened to me. One day I was buckling my seatbelt and I felt a lymph node on my clavicle area where they say it’s bad to have lymph nodes. I went to the doctor told me the same thing he straight up told me he thinks I might have that bad thing . I had to go and get ultrasound and blood work chest x-ray all came back normal spoke with multiple providers they say it’s common. I first discovered this in April 2016. I know it’s hard not to panic but it does happen there is such thing as reactive lymph nodes and I have them all over my body in the neck in my groin and in my armpit. I do bloodwork every year and everything comes back normal. I hope this helps. Also I work in the medical field and it’s one of the most common things that I often see ,more often than not everything‘s always normal.

Ps mine also go up and down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi Angie

Thank you for replying to me.
    It's so scary, isn't it? You must have been terrified, so glad things worked out fine for you. I really hope they do for me too. I'm just finding it so hard to keep positive.
    I stupidly googled different types of lymphoma last night and found follicular lymphoma and now have convinced myself that I have it as its slow growing.
    I hate health anxiety, I hate this worry xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information