Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid / Headache / Racing Heart

Covid / Headache / Racing Heart

Hi all, I have myself in a bit of a pickle here, and am hoping writing it out clears it up for me.

I have been rough for a couple of days, and tested positive for Covid this morning. I’ve been ill during today, but largely nothing too bad.

I went to get ready for bed, and everything suddenly ached. I went downstairs for a cigarette, and every muscle was sore and weak to a point where I struggled to walk. I went back upstairs, and went for a red hot shower, trying to relieve it all before I tried to sleep. I got out of the shower and instantly went faint, which I assumed was because I had it too hot. From the minute I go out of the shower, my heart started racing, and had just gradually got worse over the last 5 hours (it’s 3am here now), along with intense muscle aches, and a splitting headache. I just went for a cigarette to see if a wander outside would help, and it was 170bpm. Racing heart doesn’t normally bother me, but this is, because of Covid, and the accompanying muscle aches / headache.

I don’t know if the Covid is causing it, and I should be terribly worried and go to A and E, or if it’s anxiety and it’s because I’m worrying.

What a situation, hey. I’m bloody terrified.

Re: Covid / Headache / Racing Heart

Being a bad friend here, Phil, and I'm sorry, but please just go to the damned hospital. You're not vaccinated, you're at higher risk, and I'm genuinely afraid for you right now.

I would certainly call NHS 111 for advice before you go to A&E, Phil. It could well be anxiety but you need to be assessed and delaying making this decision isn't a good idea.

Please keep posting on here and let us know how things are?

111 have already advised him to go to a treatment centre, Pulisa. I feel bad for bringing conversations from elsewhere into this, but I'd feel so much worse if something happened to him.

Also, take paracetamol for the muscle aches and headache? That will help with the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    111 have already advised him to go to a treatment centre, Pulisa. I feel bad for bringing conversations from elsewhere into this, but I'd feel so much worse if something happened to him.
    Of course..Come on Phil..You need to be really brave and go and get medically assessed.

Hi both, thanks for the concern.

I am going to keep an eye on it. I honestly think the heart rate is anxiety. I’m sat where I was this morning, when it was 170, and it’s 134 now.

It’s not racing quite like it was. It’s the headache that’s excruciating though, honestly never had a headache like it.

That in itself is reason enough to visit A&E. I've done way too much reading up due to my history of migraines, and you're always told that if a headache is different and/or worse than your usual ones, get it checked.

I know, but I have Covid, so I know what’s causing it, it’s just incredibly painful. I’m going to take a paracetamol in a minute. If the headache eases, I think I’ll be able to bear it. I’m just worried what’s coming next.

I don’t understand how a show made it worse. An hour before that, I was playing snooker with my nephew, feeling OK. Had the shower and all hell broke loose.

* I haven’t taken so much as a paracetamol in about 4 years, so even doing that is worrying me.

Please find it in yourself to go get checked.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information