Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red itchy area on breast plus lump

Re: Red itchy area on breast plus lump

Thanks Carys and Pulisa, that all makes sense. Particularly the faulty thinking part where being referred makes me feel more at risk and vulnerable but is actually not as risky as avoiding. Appointment is tonight so feeling very on edge but trying to keep busy. I’m long past the googling stage but I have read a few threads on here (I know still seeking reassurance) but where people have dense or thickened breast tissue and this can be normal. Deep breath. At least I should have more info after tonight. I know this is the tip of my iceberg as I then have it all with my mum but she can’t be seen until 3rd. Focussing on fact she is still here at the minute and that we face it all step by step. Like many I struggle with black and white catastrophic thinking. If she does have it again then we start whatever treatment plan is, op etc. She is older now and more frail but she has got over this before. Being more risky does not equal not possible.

Sorry in a rambling, talking myself through this mode.

Thanks everyone
    Love flump x

Deal with what you've got to deal with. Facts not fears. Tonight you'll have more clarity for yourself and next week you'll have more of an idea about your Mum's situation. Pointless to speculate or to google. Let the experts make the assessments not your catastrophic thought processes?

The very best of luck for this evening. Anticipatory anxiety is always horrid x

Well home from hospital appointment this evening and very relieved to say that following a mammogram and ultrasound I have been told nothing to worry about as it is fibrous and lumpy tissue (most likely linked to hormone changes as nearing menopause). Huge sigh of relief. So first hurdle out of the way and can now focus on being there for my mum. She was so pleased to hear my news but I feel dreadful that I am ok and she is likely to have such a time ahead of her.

Thanks for everyone’s support. It helps a lot. I have been so lucky not having to wait for my appointment. Just a short wait now for mum’s. Going to focus on doing some nice things with her and keeping everything crossed. At least she can be my full priority.

Love flump x

Really pleased to hear this, Flump..At least you can cross that worry off and you've now had a full breast screen too.

Please let us know about your Mum? Maybe it won't be a repeat of what you fear? I know we all have a tendency to expect a worse case scenario but she hasn't been to her appointment yet.

I hope you are able to find some enjoyable things to do together and I'm sure she appreciates your love and support x

Yay ! Fantastic news - this 'fibrous tissue change thing' is something I recognise also as had it in my very early 20s related to hormone change. Perimenopause is a blast isn't it.

Heres hoping for good news for your Mum too.

Thank you both, one more day to go before her appointment. She is really upbeat bless her and is talking of levelling up! (Assuming she needs another mastectomy). She is also busily doing her garden in case she is laid up for a while. She is so much better at this stuff than me 🙄.

Love flump xx

I can hardly believe it but mum is fine too ductal ectasia, totally benign and linked to ageing, More common around menopause but can happen later. They could remove the ducts surgically if causing an issue (pain, discharge etc) but they are not - just lumps. So all clear! Thank you all so much for your support and giving me an outlet

A very relieved flump xx

I'm so pleased for you and for your Mum!! What fabulous news-double fabulous news!! I'm sure your Mum will have put a brave face on things prior to today but now you'll be able to plan some lovely treats for yourselves knowing you have both been given a resounding all clear!!

Thanks so much for updating us and enjoy the feeling of liberation from your worst fears! xx

Wow - just Wow ! You've gone from the the worst possible scenario, to the best - you must be feeling like you are on Cloud 9 right now !

Thanks both, so relieved and feel like a huge weight has been lifted. xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information