Thread: Raised troponin suspected myocarditis....in the hospital and terrified...

Raised troponin suspected myocarditis....in the hospital and terrified...

I've been to a and e a couple times for chest pain but they never found anything. Last time I was there the NHS consultant Dr told me off for attending often and said my chest pain was all in my head. He even refused to take bloods.

Well tonight my chest pain kept getting worse and I was having pins and needles in my arm and feeling exhaused.

I was very lucky because they were about to send me home but one attentive young doctor decided to draw blood despite the consultant saying it wasn't necessary. Well my troponin (heart damage enzyme) levels have come back quite raised. The doctor suspects it might be myocarditis after testing positive for COVID two weeks ago.

Myocarditis has always been my biggest health anxiety fear and I've read lots of scary literature on it. To potentially be faced with it is terrifying. I'm being kept in for more tests and was bawling my eyes out which is embarrassing.

I could really use some support, prayers, anything.

Re: Raised troponin suspected myocarditis....in the hospital and terrified...

Hey sunbun, sorry for late reply. How did it all go are you feeling better ?

Did you find out why your troponin raised? This happened to me in January.

My troponin levels were raised back in May/June. After further tests, the doctor ruled out a heart attack. I was extremely frightened too, but raised troponin levels aren't a guarantee of a heart attack. I hope that reassures anybody reading this who was/is in the same situation as myself and the others in this thread. Oh, and the doctors didn't know why my troponin levels were raised in the first place but did say that my stress can cause slight elevations so I wonder if that was it.

Hi Anglo what were the numbers that came back for the troponin?

Sorry for the long delay replying, only seeing this now since I’m in A&E again waiting for second blood tests.

First time last year they were 12 on the first blood test, 8 on the second then they sent me home.

This time they’re 5 after the first and haven’t had the second yet.

I’m just a smidge over the limit, but it’s still scary and it’s terrible having to go through it again.

Thread Information